Well, my turbo kit from BEGi finally arrived last night, and it looks like *almost* all the pieces are there. I figured it's probably time to start a build thread, seeing as how I've already gotten a bit of (non-engine) work done.
(how I bought the car)
Stuff I've already done
- 1999 Mazda Miata Base
- Racing Beat intake elbow
- Racing Beat header
- Flyin' Miata midpipe and tailpipe
- Bilstein shocks custom shortened and revalved
- High rate springs (I forget the exact rates, but its like 400/250-300 or something)
- OBX Ground Control
- HDHCDD roll bar
- C1Ms wrapped in "pixie dust" Toyos
Parts I have waiting to go in
- "Proper" projector retrofit with 5000K HIDs
- Innovate G2 oil pressure and boost gauges in Moss Miata double-din a-pillar pod
- Innovate MTX-L WBO2 installed in vent ring (sensor still not installed)
- Door speaker swap for 8" 3-ways powered by external amp
- Nexus 7 digital-dash install
- Ebay "reverse glow" gauge faces
- Reverant built MS2E
- RX7 "red top" injectors
- Flyin' Miata FM1 clutch kit
- Bell Engineering BEGi-S turbo kit
- Stainless steel oil and coolant lines upgrade
- Bell Engineering coolant reroute
- Bell Engineering EGR delete blockoff plates
- CX Racing FMIC and ALU pipes
It's supposed to be nice (ish) this upcoming weekend, so I'm hoping to get some more work done. I'm trying to decide if I want to dive right in and swap the clutch right away, or if I want to get my WBO2 hooked up and get ready to switch to MS.
I have a build blog up here: m-lev.com | Look guys, I'm on the internet!
that I will keep updated, and I'll post updates up to this thread as well. I'm the event master and social chair for our local car club as well, so there may be some other random posts about local events on there from time to time.
Reverse glow gauges install: Reverse Glow Gauges | m-lev.com
Nexus 7 dash install and sound upgrade: Entertainment Upgrade | m-lev.com
I do still need to pick up a BOV.. I've heard people have decent enough luck with the "ebay" BOVs, can anyone speak to that?