Cheap lower balljoints fucked me again, passengers side busted while going straight. Had to call a tow truck, all of my tools were 30+ miles away at my new garage...
$20 pieces of **** can't even make it half a year. I replaced both with cheap **** hoping to make it to spring and a good alignment with new OEM joints. I put them on after 9/22, broke one 3/24. ******* useless bullshit. **** masterpro.
After the passengers wheel fell off I replaced the broken joint with masterpro again so I could drive home that afternoon. I thought the alignment was off from the wheel falling off, but no it was the drivers side lower being a ******* bitch because OEM joints fixed it.
Two brand new ball joints entirely useless after 6 months. Ppft.
And to top it all off, I took the miata in for an alignment anyway. I ask for 1.3F, 1.0R and 1/16 total toe in on both ends.
First the mechanic comes back with a ******* 1/8" of toe OUT on the front, so the service manager sends him back. Few minutes later I leave, thinking it were right. Nah, I go look at the printout and I have over 1/4" of front toe in, 1/8" per SIDE.
Why in the ****! Guess I'm going back.
I need DIY alignment tools. Other people are ******* useless.
New ride height, NB AE billies are too long. This is only around 1" of total shock compression travel front and rear. Need tophats, delrin, sphericals, and those alignment tools...
My miata sucks and is slow, can someone show me some good 91 octane ignition maps, please. I'm not gonna blow my motor up, I just want to look and compare...
I moved and don't have e85 right in front of my house any more, it's a 60 mile round trip to get more at the moment. I really only manage 22mpg when I'm being nice, range is terrible. Until I figure something out I switched back to 91.
Here's what I was running, and what I loaded up at the gas station. Sorry they aren't binned the same, makes it hard to compare direct. I'd target 190kpa max, usually around 170, so I'm running half as much timing
Feels sooooooooooooooo much slower, makes me sad. Should just buy many many 5 gallon gas cans...
Its basically a base map. Tuned on the dyno, but no increase in power so went back to base.
I also really like using Soviets map rescale tool.
Originally Posted by soviet
Also if anyone is interested, I wrote a small tool to rescale maps. Basically you export your old map, then change axes to whatever new values you want. Then run the tool and it produces a new map using the old values but new axes. Uses billinear interpolation so beats doing it by hand!!
Currently it's limited to maps of same size (e.g. from 12x12 to 12x12) but it's easy to change, if anyone wants. So map size can be changed, e.g. going from 12x12 maps to 16x16 maps when upgrading to MS3.
I guess I really just need to find my det can amplifier, what I've got there is just basemap with ~3 degrees max pulled in boost. I want to check my offset tonight to make sure it hasn't moved, then I'll start adding back to basemap while listening...