Smallish update, still struggling to find time. Last weekend I spent 9 hours prepping and painting the rear of the car. Both rear quarters + dent repair + new bumper + modified deck lid.
At one point I painted professionally but it's been 7 years or so and these were not ideal painting environments (dusty garage).
After some body work and sealer primer I applied a couple of coats of base trying my best to feather in the edges to make sure everything matched nicely.
New deck lid saw very little prep work before paint. It was in pretty good shape.
Filled the emblem holes and shot the rear bumper. At some point this will see the knife when I fabricate or install a rear diffuser.
I peeled the tape lines while the clear was still wet to make the break lines more seamless. Overall it came out incredible, regardless of the conditions it was painted in.
Made it just in time to attend a local BBQ/Car meet. Ran into a good friend of mine who just happened to be driving Jack Roush JR's race car...
Also - Just installed the ATi Damper, I ordered a dozen of them for inventory to support our recent price reduction so it was hard resist... I've been on thin ice with this motor on the stock damper. A dynamic ATi damper is really the only solid solution on the market. The solid-bonded, lightweight dampers or machined copies of the OE damper only have the ability to target one RPM range so I opted to go this route. I've learned far too much about engine harmonics to justify saving a few bucks.