Will try to get some logs tomorrow after work, have a 2nd person cranking so I can actually confirm and set base timing also.
Just a thought but is there a chance I could be having starting issues because it's basically like 5*C outside already? Tonight overnight temps are basically in the -ves. I can also post cranking & priming PW curves though I'm not so sure at this moment how I should adjust.
Ok so got it up and running. Hilarious story ahead and I'll never forgive myself for this one but basically at the end, I find out my coolant and oil feeds are swapped and I guess I'll have to measure and see just how much coolant drained back into the pan. Still draining.
So for all the other details:
- Checked for spark again and it was still weird to see the spark dim after 1 or more events
- CAS timing at cold I could only max out and get ~6* advanced but will re-check once warmed up
- IAT cal seemed to be off even after I used a couple of settings but coolant temp made sense
- I can get cranking rpms ~240
- Engine basically needs ~70-80% TP input to get it started and keep it going
- It dies otherwise and even after adjusting skunk2 TB idle screw and even opening up the stop more, it couldn't hold idle
- During some idling, picked up on a coolant leak from the turbo drain!? Then I looked back at the block and realized feeds were swapped! LOL FUUUUuuu
- Pretty sure it happened when I redid the 2 lines and didn't re-check that...SMH. Time to look for oil sales and start flushing unless you guys know of a good bang for the buck additive to pick up too?
Don't sell it! Keep at it. Oh and yeah I haven't forgot about that inconel wire. Will have to get back to you over the winter. I'm still in Waterloo btw.
Matt, I never looked into the spark difference (at least not yet). I wasn't 100% sure about ground consistency also so I moved on for now and got it started. If I have an ignition problem I'll keep it in mind but there's bigger fish to fry right now...
Oh and for etesting...I got the sticker renewed this summer so I have 2 more years on it. So I guess Jul '15 is my deadline to figure something out for that lol. Maybe it'll be on a trailer at that point. We'll see.
Started her up again. So yeah not really the first start but the beginning to a long road ahead all winter...
Definitely not running right still. Realized my grounds are janky. Then I started reading about analog grounds and now decided to pull apart and delete/redo parts of the main engine harness so I can directly ground sensors to the MS.
Will continue on in a couple of weeks with some more flushes and getting the idle right. But for now here's a little (weak) video:
Hey Ryan its Sinisa from Guelph, came by last year for the door sills. Just came across this thread and thought it looked familiar. Any chance you still have the waste gate actuator from your turbo. I need a new one.