It's been a couple months and I've made a lot of progress on the catfish. Below is my recent progress, (I will try and keep it in chronological order and post all the progress over the next couple days):
Drilled and tapped the oil return line for the FM turbo and got the turbo kit installed. This took a good amount of time but FM had great instructions:
Ran the brake, clutch and fuel lines. I was able to use the stock fuel lines (replaced the fuel filter) and I used new brake line from the local auto parts store. I ran both the brake and fuel lines along the PPF and put some 3/16th hose around them in certain sections for protection. I also put a Willwood brake proportioning valve in-line next to the shifter so I could access it easily from the driver seat if needed. I put it low enough that it will be under the shift boot and out of the way so it doesn't get unintentionally adjusted:
I also cut the fiberglass tranmission tunnel for the shifter. In order to line it up properly I put a piece of tape on top of the shift **** while in neutral than dropped the tunnel straight down until the tape stuck to the inside of the tunnel. I then drilled a hole through the tape as a starting point then cut a square around the shifter (which will eventually have to be cut a bit more):
I then replaced all fluids and in the process found a leak in the clutch master cylinder which I was luckily able to easily replace with the master cylinder from the second donor car. At this point I also changed out the speed sensor since I switched to a Torson 4.1:
I had a bracket made by Bent Motorsports in San Diego in order to hold the battery. I mounted the battery behind the gas tank which will work well with the harness (in terms of length) and has the added benefit of putting a bit of weight low and in the back:
Next up: Fabrication of a custom downpipe, tackling the wiring harness and installing the Hydra.