So a month or so and a few thousand miles of use post FI and I hit my first build related issue!
Yup...I used an Aluminium T-Piece for my oil feed
. Oversight on my part, really annoyed at myself!
After some patient drilling and an Easyout I got the stub out of the block:
Rather than switch to a Steel T-Piece I've decided to add a sandwich plate to take the Turbo oil feed. It means I can add senders for separate VDO oil temp/pressure gauges and negates the issue of trying to align up the outlet port of a T-Piece with the oil feed line. Oil Pressure sender back in it's rightful place on the block and hopefully all is good!
Oh, and chucked an OEM Style front lip on:
Assuming it all works fine now, next up is:
- Wheels. Either new or refurbish these Rota RBs, and get some decent width tyres.
- Cooling upgrade. Alloy rad and reroute.
- Heat management. Ie shields around intake and turbo.