Looooong day of wrenching on this thing yesterday, getting ready or racewarz at MRLS. Huge thanks to twibs415 for tag teaming it with me (and making me feel slow as usual). I have been pecking away at little projects here and there since the last update.
Laundry list completed:
V8R FUCA - Sadfab bronze setup
factory FLCA - Sadfab delrin/bronze
V8R RUCA - Sadfab bronze set up
V8R RLCA - Sadfab bronze set up
Rear knuckle spherical bearing
New outer tie rod ends
Tungsten 15x9 6ul
TSE 11.75" hats and rotors
Billet Xida hats x4
V8R + SadFab poly bronze kit
The quality of the SadFab kit is amazing! I don't know why anyone would run a poly kit without it. Sean was great to deal with and spun me up a set of V8R spherical bearing spacers super quick. I knew going into retrofitting the kit into the V8R arms would take some effort, so I thought I would include some cliff notes for anyone else who decides to tackle this project. Be prepared to spend quite a bit of time fiddling to make this work unless you have specialized tools.
- FUCA - sleeves are too long for the V8R bushings, need to be knocked down about 2mm per sleeve. Upper ball joint is really tight, I'm going to get some miles on them and see if they loosen up. If they don't i'm going to reset the lash.
- RUCA - The actual RUCA itself is 1mm too narrow to fit into the factory subframe ears, plus they use sleeves that are 2mm longer than factory. The bushings wouldn't even fit into the ears. I called V8R who suggested knocking open the ears to fit the additional sleeve length. Instead I took 1mm off the inside of each control arm, which fixed my sleeve length issue too and now everything bolts up without any stiction.
- RLCA inner - The V8R bushing on these is longer than factory, which made the sleeves too short by about 1mm. I also had some interference/stiction with the bushings fouling on the subframe ears. I shaved .5mm off the bushing itself and this was good to go.
- RLCA outer - Sleeves were 1mm too long for the bushings, so these got knocked down and twibs had some washers kicking around from an old poly kit we used on the outside.
Picked these up from a buddy for a song, so I figured throw them on while I'm in there. Parts are nicely made, and definitely get me more camber, but at my ride height even with 3.1* of camber I couldn't get caster UNDER 7*
which seems awfully excessive. These may come off. Steering is heavy, but surprisingly manageable with a manual rack.
TSE gen 2 11.75" "upgrade kit"
These are just effing awesome. The V8R kit I had on the car required a 4mm spacer and had significant issues with tie rod end/rotor clearance. These fit perfect, no adjustments required. Plus the hat is sexy as hell.
Finally got the car weighed too. 2080 lbs with a half a tank of gas. For an ABS car I am really, really happy with that!