It's been a while, but I did some work on the car today. I did a compression test and I must say that things when better than I expected
I also dropped some oil dye and chased the leak that has been haunting me.
It seems that front main seal is the culprit. I've done this job about three times already and it appears all three times was done incorrectly. I think this time I may get the install tool from flying miata and hope that way the seal is installed correctly.
This leak is causing oil to be splashed on the alternator and eventually chews up the belt. I am under the impression that due that there's no splash pan on the car, while on the road the wind helps that oil onto the belt then the belt spreads it out through the engine bay. I say that because I had the car running for a good amount of time and no oil was spotted on the alternator. Opinions?
I got a new set of spark plugs in the car yesterday. I gaped them to ~0.020. Immediately after firing the car my idle was a lot leaner than before. The plugs I pulled out were gaped between 0.035-0.040 O_O
The oil leak that has been haunting me for some time now has been fixed, hopefully for good. This is great news for now I can worry about improving the car. I have some competition mounts that will be going in the car this week
Slowpoke post. I just found out about virtual dyno. I knew what it was but since I have a test tomorrow I decided to mess with that instead.
The picture is from a 2nd gear, I couldn't do much more than that. The car is running is very rich up top. ML says 11.1 but my gauge read about ~2-4 below that. I guess I'll remove some up top and actually try to keep WOT all the way to 7k. The pictures doesn't look too good so the number are 198whp/200wtq at 10-12 psi It's a fun program