Thanks G. I have never tuned a car before or been involved this much with the ECU. I like it but it's different. On my EVO I just took it to the dyno and they made it purr. I didn't have any of these symptoms.
I have read so many things about ms1 being **** compared to ms2 or ms3 when it comes to a nice calm quiet idle. I've also read Joe say ms1 can be just fine. I have a handful of things to upgrade and among the first on the list is injectors and ms3. I haven't decided what to upgrade first ms3 or injectors.
Fire: You brought up something I meant to note in my build thread for other people doing this kind of work. I should have taken pictures and I wanted to document this build thoroughly because although mt.net is a wealth of information, the information is EVERYWHERE. Half the information you need is in some thread 16 pages long on page 7. The other half the threads you find in your search say learn to search!
So I regret buying the 1.8 swap kit from FM. The only thing I used off of it was the throttle cable bracket. I reused all my 1.6 sensors and wiring harness except for the tps and iac. My 99 motor came witht he engine mounts for a 1.8 so now I have 2 brand new 1.8 mounts sitting here (pm me if interested). I ended up using the 99 throttle body and I went to a junkyard and got a tps connector and iac connector off a kia sephia. on this page Connector Witch Hunt
I list the vehicles I found to have said connectors. I didn't bother looking up the wiring diagram either I just matched up the orientation of the plug and winged it and soldered those connections together. It all worked fine. the 99 tps calibrated just fine in MS.
The 90 tps sensor is useless anyway but if you plug the 99 tps into the oem computer it will fry the sensor. The 90 sensor is 12v while the 99 is 5 i think. So you don't want the oem computer shoving 12v down to the 99 5v.
Also Fire, my exhaust didn't mate up. The 1.8 is a bit longer and that causes the dp to sit in a different place from my last one. It's probably ~2" difference. Because the begi separated gas dp sucks and I had to put a spacer in that moved my dp back half an inch or so. I had another 1.5 inches to make up for. I don't like my exhaust at all but the guy that built it used a sleeve to connect the cat back to the rest. I just loosened the sleeve and was able to make up the rest of the distance and orientation. I'll weld up a real exhaust later but right now I just want to get all the tuning and stuff ironed out.
If I can think of anything else I'll fill you in.