Well the head checked out so here is a nights work summed up in 3 pictures.
Replumbed the hand brake & decided to try out my figs shift ****. It would definitely need some miata roadster short shifter love, feels like rowing a boat but it does put my hand in a good place between steering wheel and the up to no good brake
Floor plate thing my brother made from 3/16" aluminum. It's a little heavy. Not sure if I am putting the carpet back in yet. If I don't I'll probably use it.
I got my seat mounted finally with some 2.5" wide pieces of 3/16" aluminum.
It took 3 hours to get to this point. I can officially say I HATE the Miata cylinder head. Trying to get the valve keepers back in
I used some permatex copper gasket spray on the Cometic gasket and torqued the stock head bolts to 60lb/ft. Timing belt went on fairly smoothly.
It's kinda comical how small the B6 is in the engine bay albeit without manifolds and accessories.
notes to self while i remember
battery wiring along ppf
transmission & diff fluids
engine oil & filter