10-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Total Cats: 1
1990 Mazda Miata - $6800
Status: Clean Title
I have a 1990 Mazda Miata for sale, in USA - Florida.
Mileage: 189K miles
Engine Size: 1.6 Turbo
Asking price is $6800
YOU KNOW THE CAR . . .
1990 Mariner Blue Miata - Turbo
Often referred to as “Dan's Miata” this car is well known in the miata roadster & stance community. This car has been transforming into a show piece over the years with many, many custom details. A labor of love & truly a unique car.
• 1.6L w/ Greddy Turbo set-up
• 5 spd manual
• CCW LM16 16x9.5 Wheels (Custom finish)
• BC Racing Coilovers
• OEM R Package Front Lip
• Carbon Fiber Hardtop w/Lexan Window
• Sparco Speed Seats
• Momo Tuner Steering Wheel
• Pwr Windows
Low millage 1.6L engine in great running condition. Transmission replaced with a 1999 5-spd manual about 3 years ago. The differential replaced with a factory LSD unit of the same year span (6”-1.6L) after the turbo kit was installed.
- Greddy Turbo Kit (TD04 15G)
- Greddy Intercooler (anodized black)
- Custom Intercooler Piping
- Turbo Tony 2.5” Downpipe (w/flex coupler)
- DP6061 2.5” Exhaust (magnaflow muffler)
- 1.8L Injectors
- Walbro 190lph Fuel Pump
- ACT Street Light Flywheel
- ACT Street Clutch (solid disk, HD pressure plate)
- 1.6L OEM LSD
- MSD 8.0mm Plug Wires
- Koyo Aluminum Radiator
- CSR Aluminum Overflow
- ARP Fasteners Throughout
- Wire Tucked Harness (loomed & shrink tubed)
- Custom Stainless Hood Dampners
Overall ride feels great due to the aftermarket additions, i.e. bushings, ball joints, etc are all in good working order. Do need lube the endlinks every once & awhile as they squeak a little if dry.
- BC Racing BR Type Coilovers
- CCW LM16 16x9.5 Wheels (custom finish; hyperblack centers & black chrome pvd lips)
Offsets: Front 29mm / Rear 22mm
- Toyo T1R 245/35/16 tires
- Eibach Front & Rear Sway Bars
- BSI Racing Adjustable Aluminum Endlinks
- Superpro Offset Rear Lower Control Arm Bushings
- De-powered OEM Steering Rack (shaved fittings & fully polished)
Chassis - 189,000 miles
Engine - 48,000 miles
For a 1990 Miata it is in great condition with virtually no rust & the paint looks great for its age.
- OEM R Package Front Lip
- Carbon Fiber Hardtop w/Lexan Window
- Spec Miata Hardtop Brackets (solid mount)
- Smoked Front Turn Signal Lenses
- VHT Painted Side markers & Tail lights
- 6000k H4 HID Kit
Great condition for its year. There is a small hole in the carpet on the driver’s side foot-well from the prior owner not having floor mats. There are now OEM Miata floor mats in the car. No missing panels or cracked parts. Power windows work perfect.
- Sparco Speed Seats
- Momo Tuner Steering Wheel
- NRG Short Hub
- NRG Quick Release
- Generic Titanium Shift ****
- Autometer Boost Gauge
- AEM UEGO Gauge
- Panasonic CD Player (ipod)
- Panasonic Door Speakers
The following items have been removed from the car: Soft Top, A/ C, Power Steering Pump, Airbag, Washer Bottle & Lines, Charcoal Canister, Stock Radiator Overflow (aftermarket installed). With the turbo installed & the fact we live in Florida under hood temps can get bad, so both fans are on a manual switch (oem wiring is bypassed) so you can run them when needed.
Since I’ve Owned the Car…
- When I purchased the car the wiper motor & wipers arms were removed for the ultimate ‘clean’ look, car was rarely driven in the rain. Wiper motor & wiper arms have been reinstalled, but kept with the wire tuck look.
- Rebuilt leaking front brake calipers
- Rebuilt & improved the rear axles to work better with a car that sits this low.
- Installed a ‘push to start’ button when fixing the bad ignition switch. Added an additional 12v source, as part of this install
- Replaced starter motor.
- Professional alignment (can supply the specs)
Dan Young (CCW) spent over five years building this car investing a lot of work, time, & sweat into it. The car is very well known in the Miata community & anyone who knows Dan or his work will tell you the car is one of the nicest built & that it’s top notch.
More photos can be seen here:
I will not part this car out!!!
Selling the car because the wife had double knee replacement surgery, insurance does not cover all the expenses associated with the surgery & rehabilitation.
Thanks for looking ! ! !