: Clean Title
I have a 1992 Mazda C-package Miata for sale, in USA - Maine.
: 160000 miles
Asking price is $1500
: Adam Costa
Phone: (814) 598-1570
1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata. 160K miles. Inspected through August. Will need new tires to pass inspection again. Located in Portland, Maine. C-package car means that this car is very well equipped. I bought this car last July and put about 100 hours into fixing it up. I replaced a lot of damaged body panels with others off of a used car. I also put a new suspension on the car (used AGXs w/RB springs), replaced any damaged parts in the interior, fixed a few small electrical problems, put new rear brake calipers on the car, and otherwise fixed this car up to be a solid runner. It passed inspection last August with flying colors. I bought the car to be my winter beater, and it performed incredibly well in the snow.
This car is a bit rough around the edges when you look at it, but it's a solid running car with a great interior. I would have no qualms about jumping in this car and driving 500 miles. In fact, I recently drove it to Pittsburgh and back (1500 miles round trip), and the car performed flawlessly. Sure, it won't win any beauty contests, but if you're looking for a cheap project car, or just a very solid parts car, this is a good candidate. I would keep the car, but I'm getting married in June, and I need the money to help pay for the wedding.
1. Anti-lock brakes (ABS). Works well. Was indispensable this winter in the ice.
2. Viscous LSD.
3. KYB AGXs and Racing Beat springs. Bought them used. Rears will need replaced soon.
4. New rear brake calipers
5. Cruise control in good working order
6. Power windows in good working order
7. with the exception of the power antenna, which no longer extends, all the electrical systems work.
8. Mechanically, this car is in great shape! The engine doesn't leak or burn oil (or any other fluids), it always starts up on the first try, and it goes anywhere without issue.
9. Clutch and timing belt replaced by previous owner approximately 30K miles ago.
10. Top has replacement glass window (much nicer than plastic window). Top does need a little bit of work to fix, but is currently water-tight, and in working order.
12. Interior and trunk liner in very good condition for a 20 year old car.
1. The body. All the removable panels (bumpers, doors, front fenders, finish panel, hood) are in very decent shape for a 20 year old car. The rear fenders, which are part of the unibody are dented up and a bit rusty. The rocker panels had some rust that looks like it was repaired poorly, so it's still rusty. Trunk lid has the typical rust too. This car isn't going to win any beauty prizes, but it's a solid running car.
2. Air condtioning: the compressor works, but it blows warm air. Probably just needs a recharge, but I never tried to fix it so I can't say for sure if a recharge is all it needs. Then again...who needs AC in a convertible?
3. Tires. Took the Winter wheels off (keeping those) and put the Falken Zeix back on. They're going to need replaced soon.
4. soft top: it's still waterproof at the moment, but the stitching around the window is starting to pull out. It could be repaired before it gets worse, but if not taken care of, it will definitely get worse.
Okay, so that's the skinny. The chassis is beat up, but it's a solid runner with a good interior and a lot of good body panels. Would be a great beater or project car.