12-29-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm a terrible person
Join Date: Apr 2009
Total Cats: 178
1997 Mazda Miata - $6500
I have a 1997 Mazda Miata for sale, in USA - Texas.
Mileage: 90000 miles
Engine Size: 1.8L
Asking price is $6500
Selling my recently acquired miata to go in a different direction.
This is Arctct's (Tom) old miata which was hit from the side. I'm assuming the title will be salvage since the car was "totaled". But I haven't received the title back from the DMV yet.
The story goes like this. Tom was hit from the side while visiting me in TX (he is from chicago). He flew back home while the insurance stuff was getting figured out. They offered to let him buy back the car plus cash. He bought the car back. He then offered to sell me the car since I was already down there and was in a good situation to either part it out or fix it.
Well upon getting the car back from the yard I took a look and the only real damage was a bent control arm and some minor subframe damage.
I decided to swap the subframe from a different miata and get the car back on the road. After a long weekend it was all swapped and ready to go. I got the car aligned and took her for a spin.
Everything was great, drove just like it did before the accident. The body is straight and minus the red panels for the door and fender you would never know it was in an accident.
I just got back from driving it 1600 miles round trip from San Angelo, TX to Phoenix, AZ to visit my brother for Christmas. I got 32.4 mpg on the drive out and 34.6mpg on the way back. It runs extremely well. It is still running the tune from AMSPerformence. I'll try and find the dyno thread for it as well.
There are a few things that could be done to make it more enjoyable.
1. Paint the red panels or find black ones. (trunk: I have a black one with no spoiler, or take the red one with the spoiler that is on it now... or take both I don't care)
2. The hood has a slight bend in it from the accident. Hardly noticeable, but makes the hood hard to close.
3. The Beatrush under panel is secured, but two of the bolts are not being used because I could not get them to line up. Could be fixed with a drill to make the holes where they need to be. Currently works just find and makes no noise as fast as I have gone with it, which is 80mph.
4. On initial acceleration it goes lean for a second. I haven't really messed with it, but I'm sure it's something easy. I would say 70% of the time you don't have the initial hesitation from going lean, but still annoying.
5. The drivers seat kind of sucks. It's some F1racing seat or something, could use an upgrade. Still usable and works fine.
6. The exhaust needs to be aligned a bit better. Right now it taps against the bumper when you go over larger bumps. I'll probably fix this next week.
This is all I can think of right now.
(sorry for the random listing, will organize at some point)
FM Kit w/ 2560R + locking hardware + larger intercooler
Brain built MS
FM Tokico suspension
Boss Frog clear view roll bar
2X G-Force harnesses
Enthuza Exhaust 2.5"
Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15 tires + 15x8 Rota RB hyper black rims
R package spoiler
Tougerun front lip
Mishimoto Radiator with 2 slim fans
AEM digital oil pressure sensor
FM boost gauge
Momo steering wheel
Turn Signal Intakes
FM Oil Filter relocation
Will also included uninstalled oil and water temp gauges + senders (not aem)
I have a lot of spare parts in my shop that the buyer can grab some spare parts if they need them. There are also some after market parts that are not installed which I may throw in on a case by case basis.
I'm going to be out of town until the last week of January. This is a semi-feeler I guess. I am for sure selling the car, just won't be sold until then. This will give me plenty of time to answer questions and what not. So ask away.