Gun Rights: Should you be allowed to own an RPG? - Page 21 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #401
Boost Czar

iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,409
Total Cats: 1,426
Default

I'm going to patent an federally mandated device in all new guns that remotely sends licensed gun owner information and GPS location to a gov't agency every time the gun is fired so the feds can show up and stop legal gun owners from protecting themselves from criminals.

i am going to be so freaking rich; suckers.
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #402
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,001
Total Cats: 330
Default

Rogue wave crew sign in?
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #403
Boost Czar

iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,409
Total Cats: 1,426
Default

I dont even own a gun. I just want to make money through your suffering.
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #404
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 12,392
Total Cats: 776
Default

3d Printed 30 round Magazine. So now we can successfully print the lower receiver and the magazines for an AR-15. LOLZ at banz.

Attached Thumbnails
Gun Rights: Should you be allowed to own an RPG?-magazinecad.jpg  
shuiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #405
A living god
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 5,950
Total Cats: 228
Default

viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #406
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 177
Default

3D printer registration and cooling off period in the pipeline?
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #407
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,001
Total Cats: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
3d Printed 30 round Magazine. So now we can successfully print the lower receiver and the magazines for an AR-15. LOLZ at banz.

Make one for me.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #408
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,001
Total Cats: 330
Default

hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #409
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 12,392
Total Cats: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Make one for me.
I semi have access to a 3d printer by some friends of friends. They are not the most gun friendly though so I am not sure how exactly I want to broach the subject to them. I guess I could go the route of having them teach me how to build my own 3d printer. Then I just print them out of my garage.
shuiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #410
Boost Czar

iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,409
Total Cats: 1,426
Default

I'm begining to come to the realization that everyone owns an AR-15 but me...
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #411
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,278
Total Cats: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
3d Printed 30 round Magazine. So now we can successfully print the lower receiver and the magazines for an AR-15. LOLZ at banz.

My brother told me about a video he watched where they discussed printing entire guns on a 3d printer. Apparently we either can do it or are incredibly close, I can't remember which. It obviously needs a special resin to be able to handle the stress of actually firing a gun and I am sure that the material is quite expensive. Think of the possibilities though.
Ryan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #412
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 12,392
Total Cats: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_G View Post
My brother told me about a video he watched where they discussed printing entire guns on a 3d printer. Apparently we either can do it or are incredibly close, I can't remember which. It obviously needs a special resin to be able to handle the stress of actually firing a gun and I am sure that the material is quite expensive. Think of the possibilities though.
Right now they have successfully 3d printed a lower receiver for an AR-15 and successfully mated it to an upper and the rest of the components that are needed. It did fire, but broke after a few rounds. The magazines seem to hold up a bit better. I think it will still be a long time until you could print a whole gun if ever. The important part is that you can print the parts that are talking about being banned.
shuiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #413
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 231
Default

Also the receiver is the part that actually holds the serial number right? That is what makes it a gun, the barrel/stock/other **** are just accessories. Or at least that's what I read last time I saw an article on Reddit about the 'pirating machines'.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #414
Senior Member
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Big Bear Ca
Posts: 990
Total Cats: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I'm begining to come to the realization that everyone owns an AR-15 but me...
And me.

A guy local to me is selling a Stagg AR lower with trigger and adjustable stock. One of the ears on the trigger guard broke off on him while installing the guard. He solved the issue by putting on a grip that has a trigger guard on it.

Should I buy for $250?
dstn2bdoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #415
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 21
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstn2bdoa View Post
And me.

A guy local to me is selling a Stagg AR lower with trigger and adjustable stock. One of the ears on the trigger guard broke off on him while installing the guard. He solved the issue by putting on a grip that has a trigger guard on it.

Should I buy for $250?

yes
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #416
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beckley, WV
Posts: 868
Total Cats: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
3d Printed 30 round Magazine. So now we can successfully print the lower receiver and the magazines for an AR-15. LOLZ at banz.

Wiki Weapon - 3D Printable Gun - Defense Distributed

I have acquired the documents. I will build a 3d printer if all this stuff goes through.
Tekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #417
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 21
Total Cats: 2
Default

We were talking about gun laws back in highschool in my government class one day. The teacher went over the bill of rights and a student said, "don't you mean that gun ownership is a privilege and not truly a right" the teacher agreed.
I want to punch the kid and the teacher in the face.
A few months ago one of my friends brought his friend around and we got into it over pistols and concealed handgun licenses. My stand on them is, "fine, if you want to carry them in public..that's fine with me but I won't. I won't because I tend to think that pistols are pointless (to an extent). I would rather protect my family/house/car with a shotgun." well, this friend got very heated when i said that and said, "if i didnt have my concealed license then I wouldve been dead many times already" I just looked at him and said that he needs to stop going places that he shouldnt be going and that if youve used your concealed license then the cops must have been involved and he said they werent.....which means who cares if you have you concealed license anyways. well, a few months pass and I get a phone call from my friend and he said that his friend had shot himself in his parents front yard the night before.

I own many guns, I hunt every year, I dont have a single want to pull a gun on another human. I can promise you though, if somebody is in my house or going after my family, I will not think twice about pulling a gun out.

Everybody is saying that video games and other things did this....bullcrap. I have played grand theft auto since the first one came out. I havent ever had the urge to shoot someone. I have played Modern warfare online since the getgo...never had the urge to pull a gun on somebody. If they are certain that its video games, then the government needs to get on xbox live and arrest every single person that logs on to play war games because they must have the urge to shoot other humans.

as far as the topic....gun control.
should there be gun control? yes, most definately.
should guns just be given out? no.
should guns be registered? yes

will a killer buy a gun and register it in their name and then go kill somebody? no

ill leave this with these:


Attached Thumbnails
Gun Rights: Should you be allowed to own an RPG?-vmh1b.jpg   Gun Rights: Should you be allowed to own an RPG?-nsgf7.jpg  
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #418
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,527
Total Cats: 392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHornet View Post
We were talking about gun laws back in highschool in my government class one day. The teacher went over the bill of rights and a student said, "don't you mean that gun ownership is a privilege and not truly a right" the teacher agreed.
I want to punch the kid and the teacher in the face.
A few months ago one of my friends brought his friend around and we got into it over pistols and concealed handgun licenses. My stand on them is, "fine, if you want to carry them in public..that's fine with me but I won't. I won't because I tend to think that pistols are pointless (to an extent). I would rather protect my family/house/car with a shotgun." well, this friend got very heated when i said that and said, "if i didnt have my concealed license then I wouldve been dead many times already" I just looked at him and said that he needs to stop going places that he shouldnt be going and that if youve used your concealed license then the cops must have been involved and he said they werent.....which means who cares if you have you concealed license anyways. well, a few months pass and I get a phone call from my friend and he said that his friend had shot himself in his parents front yard the night before.

I own many guns, I hunt every year, I dont have a single want to pull a gun on another human. I can promise you though, if somebody is in my house or going after my family, I will not think twice about pulling a gun out.

Everybody is saying that video games and other things did this....bullcrap. I have played grand theft auto since the first one came out. I havent ever had the urge to shoot someone. I have played Modern warfare online since the getgo...never had the urge to pull a gun on somebody. If they are certain that its video games, then the government needs to get on xbox live and arrest every single person that logs on to play war games because they must have the urge to shoot other humans.

as far as the topic....gun control.
should there be gun control? yes, most definately.
should guns just be given out? no.
should guns be registered? yes

will a killer buy a gun and register it in their name and then go kill somebody? no

ill leave this with these:
Did not enjoy, would not read again.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #419
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 21
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
Did not enjoy, would not read again.
thats fine
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #420
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 231
Default

That is why anti-gun people hate gun people.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turbo 1995 Miata Low mileage Clean Tekel Cars for sale/trade 29 02-05-2016 05:16 PM
IT Pros: HELP! Al Jazeera something something Brighthouse Account sixshooter Insert BS here 11 09-01-2015 11:51 AM
Who's Idea was it to give cops taser guns RicanmiataRacer Insert BS here 10 03-04-2007 03:07 PM
Is the SMT6 comparable to the Emanage Blue/Emu/MS? Mex Prefabbed Turbo Kits 1 09-28-2006 05:15 PM
FS: Turbo XS H34 BOV BrokeEnthusiast Miata parts for sale/trade 1 09-06-2006 11:16 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 AM.