Political/Current Events Random, Pics, and Videos Thread - Page 330 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2016, 04:04 PM   #6581
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,044
Total Cats: 178
Default

We really need to pull off a snowden assassination; I'm so sick of hearing about that little bitch boy.
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:07 PM   #6582
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 12,209
Total Cats: 749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
We really need to pull off a snowden assassination; I'm so sick of hearing about that little bitch boy.
Yep lets assassinate American citizens with no due process. He did not hack the NSA and steal their toys. Some other group did, he is just confirming that the tools really did come from the NSA.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:17 PM   #6583
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,486
Total Cats: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
We really need to pull off a snowden assassination; I'm so sick of hearing about that little bitch boy.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:46 PM   #6584
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,044
Total Cats: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
Yep lets assassinate American citizens with no due process. He did not hack the NSA and steal their toys. Some other group did, he is just confirming that the tools really did come from the NSA.
He is welcome to have his due process. It's his to collect. Redeemable at any United States Law Enforcement Agency.

So long as he doesn't want his due process, who are we to force it upon him?

He doesn't need to "confirm" or "deny" that the tools came from the NSA - that's irrelevant. What's relevant is the feigned amount of weight that his opinion carries. Snow-snow is irrelevant, yet those that know nothing as to what global damage he has caused and the sheer number of innocent lives that are no longer lived based directly upon his actions...they continue to play him as some high and mighty savior of the people.

Let's play it for what it is - he's an attention ***** born in the pioneering years of generation wuss - now lets get our information verification from somewhere else which is actually relevant.
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #6585
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,671
Total Cats: 1,573
Default

Commentary below:
NYC eliminates English test for yellow cab drivers
POSTED 4:14 PM, AUGUST 20, 2016, BY ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK — New York City taxi drivers will no longer have to pass an English test under new rules designed to make it easier for immigrants to get behind the wheel of a yellow cab.

The test for a taxi license will be available in several languages under regulations that went into effect Friday.

The change was approved by the City Council in April and signed into law by Mayor Bill de Blasio.

The New York Times reports that city officials sought parity with app-based ride services such as Uber, which don’t require an English test.

The city’s taxi drivers have been overwhelmingly foreign-born for decades.

According to the Taxi and Limousine Commission, just 4 percent of current drivers were born in the United States.

I love how the taxi syndicate are blaming Uber for pretty much everything nowadays. News flash: Every single Uber driver I've ridden with so far was clean-cut, spoke flawless English, had a clean, comfortable car which didn't sound like it was about to pull a Bluesmobile-on-the-curb-of-the-Richard-J-Dailey-building move, and seemed to be generally awake and aware of his* surroundings. The same cannot be said for the yellow fleet, and is practically antithetical to the borough cabs (the green fleet.)


* = yes, definitely still a sausage-fest.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 02:26 PM   #6586
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,165
Total Cats: 1,401
Default

I'd blame uber too if my monopoly was being ruined too.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:27 PM   #6587
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,486
Total Cats: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
He is welcome to have his due process. It's his to collect. Redeemable at any United States Law Enforcement Agency.

So long as he doesn't want his due process, who are we to force it upon him?

He doesn't need to "confirm" or "deny" that the tools came from the NSA - that's irrelevant. What's relevant is the feigned amount of weight that his opinion carries. Snow-snow is irrelevant, yet those that know nothing as to what global damage he has caused and the sheer number of innocent lives that are no longer lived based directly upon his actions...they continue to play him as some high and mighty savior of the people.

Let's play it for what it is - he's an attention ***** born in the pioneering years of generation wuss - now lets get our information verification from somewhere else which is actually relevant.
Apparently he isn't irrelevant, since you feel compelled to encourage an assassination rather than just ignoring him.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:32 PM   #6588
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,165
Total Cats: 1,401
Default

Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:01 AM   #6589
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,165
Total Cats: 1,401
Default



Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:09 AM   #6590
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,165
Total Cats: 1,401
Default

https://beinglibertarian.com/scranto...ailed-liberty/

Quote:
Here’s the run down:
  1. 1/3 of the Scranton population lives in poverty (here)
  2. Most of the lucrative jobs in the city have some affiliation to the government (here)
  3. The Scranton government is tittering toward bankruptcy with over a 300 million dollars in debt (here)
  4. There are hardly any jobs in the area that pay a living wage (here)
  5. The Scranton government routinely attacks residents, so much so that they are now in court for such abuses (here)
  6. The city is falling apart with blighted houses and boarded up business everywhere (here, here)
  7. Did I forget to mention that it is the unhappiest city in America? (here)
  8. The local mall is a ghost town (here)
  9. The local government spends upwards of 80% of the budget on government employee compensation (here)
  10. And they are planning to sell public assets in order to pocket to proceeds (here)
  11. The local government will use intimidation tactics to silence anyone who opposes the status quo (here)
  12. The current debt rating for Scranton is below Junk Status (here)
  13. The fire fighters pension is only 17 percent funded, the non-uniformed fund is 23 percent funded and the police fund is at 29 percent (here)
  14. 50% of retired police officers and 56% of the firemen in Scranton are currently on disability and receiving disability payments. The highest rate in the entire state of Pennsylvania! (here)
  15. Being on disability in Scranton does not disbar these people from getting jobs elsewhere. One source is quoted saying “There are actually some people in Scranton, some retired police officers who are now working as prison guards.” (here)
  16. But the police cars, fire engines, headquarters and government buildings are absolutely luxurious! In fact, government buildings account for the most tax-exempt property in the city (here)
  17. Corruption runs deep in the area (here)
  18. Residents pleads with the government to stop the tax increases and file for bankruptcy but the City refuses (here)
  19. It is not possible to tax your way out of this crisis by raising taxes but the City of Scranton tries anyway (here)
  20. In the neighboring town Police cars, Fire Engines and Headquarters were purchased through private dollars and offered as “gifts” (here)
  21. Eleven officers in Scranton earned six figure Salaries when most Scrantonians live in poverty and the city government is bankrupt! (here)
  22. One in three children live in poverty in Scranton, Pennsylvania! (here)
  23. The Scranton government permits the contamination of the city’s water (here)
  24. Scranton has a lead problem as bad as flints (here)
  25. Police officers and Firemen make 100k when the median salary is 40k (here)
  26. Scranton sold its sewer authority to a private company and intends to pocket the money (here)
  27. Scranton “leased” its parking meters and public garage to dubious firms who intend to raise fees (here)
  28. Scranton has a mercantile tax that is 3% of gross sales just to do business in Scranton (here)
  29. Scranton has a Heroin problem (here)
  30. Scranton gave away its public garage for a dollar (here)
  31. Scranton refuses to go bankrupt despite having no money (here)
  32. Scranton is in desperate need of federal investigation (here)
  33. Scranton government is going to tax rain (here)
  34. Scranton residents live in fear of Scranton government (here)
  35. People who oppose the Scranton government die mysteriously (here)
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:10 AM   #6591
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,165
Total Cats: 1,401
Default

A Libertarian’s Worst Nightmare

Quote:
Here’s the run down:
  1. 1/3 of the Scranton population lives in poverty (here)
  2. Most of the lucrative jobs in the city have some affiliation to the government (here)
  3. The Scranton government is tittering toward bankruptcy with over a 300 million dollars in debt (here)
  4. There are hardly any jobs in the area that pay a living wage (here)
  5. The Scranton government routinely attacks residents, so much so that they are now in court for such abuses (here)
  6. The city is falling apart with blighted houses and boarded up business everywhere (here, here)
  7. Did I forget to mention that it is the unhappiest city in America? (here)
  8. The local mall is a ghost town (here)
  9. The local government spends upwards of 80% of the budget on government employee compensation (here)
  10. And they are planning to sell public assets in order to pocket to proceeds (here)
  11. The local government will use intimidation tactics to silence anyone who opposes the status quo (here)
  12. The current debt rating for Scranton is below Junk Status (here)
  13. The fire fighters pension is only 17 percent funded, the non-uniformed fund is 23 percent funded and the police fund is at 29 percent (here)
  14. 50% of retired police officers and 56% of the firemen in Scranton are currently on disability and receiving disability payments. The highest rate in the entire state of Pennsylvania! (here)
  15. Being on disability in Scranton does not disbar these people from getting jobs elsewhere. One source is quoted saying “There are actually some people in Scranton, some retired police officers who are now working as prison guards.” (here)
  16. But the police cars, fire engines, headquarters and government buildings are absolutely luxurious! In fact, government buildings account for the most tax-exempt property in the city (here)
  17. Corruption runs deep in the area (here)
  18. Residents pleads with the government to stop the tax increases and file for bankruptcy but the City refuses (here)
  19. It is not possible to tax your way out of this crisis by raising taxes but the City of Scranton tries anyway (here)
  20. In the neighboring town Police cars, Fire Engines and Headquarters were purchased through private dollars and offered as “gifts” (here)
  21. Eleven officers in Scranton earned six figure Salaries when most Scrantonians live in poverty and the city government is bankrupt! (here)
  22. One in three children live in poverty in Scranton, Pennsylvania! (here)
  23. The Scranton government permits the contamination of the city’s water (here)
  24. Scranton has a lead problem as bad as flints (here)
  25. Police officers and Firemen make 100k when the median salary is 40k (here)
  26. Scranton sold its sewer authority to a private company and intends to pocket the money (here)
  27. Scranton “leased” its parking meters and public garage to dubious firms who intend to raise fees (here)
  28. Scranton has a mercantile tax that is 3% of gross sales just to do business in Scranton (here)
  29. Scranton has a Heroin problem (here)
  30. Scranton gave away its public garage for a dollar (here)
  31. Scranton refuses to go bankrupt despite having no money (here)
  32. Scranton is in desperate need of federal investigation (here)
  33. Scranton government is going to tax rain (here)
  34. Scranton residents live in fear of Scranton government (here)
  35. People who oppose the Scranton government die mysteriously (here)
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:22 AM   #6592
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Downmented's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 383
Total Cats: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
We really need to pull off a snowden assassination; I'm so sick of hearing about that little bitch boy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
So long as he doesn't want his due process, who are we to force it upon him?
Someone is a bit of a hypocrite don't ya think? You honestly sound like someone who is grossly uneducated yet desperate to push an agenda.
Downmented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:26 AM   #6593
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,165
Total Cats: 1,401
Default

Next time he'll just dump the information into a private server and just wait for Russia to hack it on their own.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:35 AM   #6594
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,165
Total Cats: 1,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
BIAS ALERT: NYT columnist calls on Google to 'fix' search results about Clinton's health | Fox News

Quote:
Amid rampant online speculation about Hillary Clinton's health, one New York Times columnist has a solution – simply get Google to “fix” the search results.

The theories about Clinton’s health, often under the hashtag #HillarysHealth, have been gaining traction on social media in particular.

Democrats have dismissed the claims as a mix of conspiracy theories and misinformation. But now New York Times tech columnist Farhad Manjoo has called on Google to step in.

“Google should fix this. It shouldn't give quarter to conspiracy theorists,” he tweeted.

A year ago, Clinton’s doctor said she was in “excellent physical condition.”

But that has not stopped speculation, with some Republicans including Donald Trump weighing in.

Trump said in a speech last week that Clinton “lacks the mental and physical stamina to take on ISIS, and all the many adversaries we face.”

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani said last week on Fox News, “Go online and put down, ‘Hillary Clinton illness,’ and take a look at the videos yourself.”

Clinton’s health first became a matter of scrutiny when she suffered a concussion as secretary of state. Recently, coughing bouts on the campaign trail and pictures of Clinton being helped up stairs by multiple aides have stoked further speculation.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:24 AM   #6595
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marylandistan
Posts: 679
Total Cats: 26
Default


She is fine, she can open a pre-opened jar of pickles.
stratosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:50 AM   #6596
Boost Czar

Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,165
Total Cats: 1,401
Default

Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:36 PM   #6597
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marylandistan
Posts: 679
Total Cats: 26
Default


Anybody watch this series from Major (ret) Stephen Coughlin? He wrote a book published in 2012 about his knowledge of Islam, muslim brotherhood and sharia law. Yes, i am an islamophobe.
stratosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:33 PM   #6598
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,419
Total Cats: 1,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratosteve View Post

Anybody watch this series from Major (ret) Stephen Coughlin? He wrote a book published in 2012 about his knowledge of Islam, muslim brotherhood and sharia law. Yes, i am an islamophobe.
That fellow worked for my father at Centcom.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:47 PM   #6599
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,419
Total Cats: 1,016
Default

sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:26 PM   #6600
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marylandistan
Posts: 679
Total Cats: 26
Default

I posted a video a while ago of a press release from Philip Haney. He was a DHS analyst whose work was conveniently deleted. He was another person who was basically told to back off because of pc.

So now we have at least two .gov peeps who have released books on the efforts to downplay Islamic law. (According to Coughlin, is the basis for all things terror related)

There are six videos in that Coughlin series. I plan on watching the rest tonight.
stratosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 53 Yesterday 05:52 PM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
Going back to stock. Need some 1.6 parts. Trent WTB 2 10-01-2015 01:15 PM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 PM.