10-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Vending Your Fuels
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
Total Cats: 3
Injector Installation Tips
To help our customers have the most success possible with our injectors, we've put together some installation tips.
Please check the following when installing your injectors...
1. The DW injector should have a upper and a lower spacer installed on the injectors when you recieve them.
2. The DW upper spacer should be taller than the OEM spacer (8mm vs 5mm)
3. Make sure the OEM lower spacer is removed from the head/manifold before installing the new injectors.
4. Make sure you reinstall the plastic spacers that go between the fuel rail and head/manifold.
5. Once installed, the fit should be snug... not too loose and not too tight. 1/8" or so of vertical play is normal. Fuel pressure, not mechanical pressure is responsible for sealing the injector in the head/manifold.
6. DW injectors are designed to fit the stock/OEM set-up we cannot guarantee the correct fitment if anything has been altered or removed
Feel free to post if you have any other ideas or suggestions.