The sandwich plate has 1/8NPT ports and I sealed all the connections with rectumseal No.5 which is safe for petroleum products, high temperatures, and pressures. I hope.
Didn't make it to Tompkins today, have been dealing with a small problem with my stupid neighbor . . .
Cooking dinner in my kitchen when the lights started to flash rapidly, then I saw some flashing so I looked out the north kitchen window and saw violent showers of sparks and flames rocketing from the neighbors house. 98 Degrees outside, ZERO wind, ZERO weather... HOT, STILL, HUMID. Second time in two months that god damn tree shed a ~500 pound branch which removed the power lines from her house. First time, same conditions (minus heat) removed the meter can and power mast from her house completely, along with MY cable lines.
Here's the first adventure last month:
Looking out the window I decided it prudent to call the fire department because, well, her house was on fire. Informed them a tree limb just ripped the electrical loose from the house and was starting a fire. Less than 20 seconds after I hung up with dispatch I could hear sirens, two minutes later 4 pumper trucks rolled up. Oops. Contacted the power company and notified them of the issue and the sparks which were still coming from the house and five minutes later they showed up. Three of the four pumper trucks rolled out and one stuck around just in case the house caught fire. Again.
Tending to my dinner, I noticed that the light in my refrigerator which is normally a 100 watt bulb appeared to be operating as a 20 watter. None of my ceiling lights were on any longer, and my A/C wasn't working. WTF did that bastard do to my house?!?! Called the power company to notify them that half of my outlets weren't working any longer and they setup a dispatch. Finished my steak dinner and grabbed a DVM to start checking my 220 outlets, none of which work. Simple explanation, either the transformer in the back yard is half blown out or one of my legs was disconnected from the mains somehow.
Several hours roll by and someone from the power company shows up to discover the excitement next door ended up blowing one of the 3 legs of my electrical line off from the pole. Left scorch marks you can see from the ground! He strung out a cable and hooked my power up to the temporary drop they hung on the neighbors house to get me fully restored.
This is what's left over from lastnight:
Between the trees and the neighbors ------- beagles. . . . I can't wait to move!