Car - 1994 M-edition with PS, AC, ABS (if that matters)
Goal - To move the AIT sensor somewhere where heatsoak is not an issue. To safely achieve ~220 horsepower.
Parts - I bought a black 2.5" intercooler piping kit and 18x12x3 intercooler from CX Racing. Was shipped amazingly fast and was at my door in about 2 days. I asked them on ebay if they could combine everything and include a black BOV pipe without the BOV. They agreed on $207 dollars shipped. When everything arrived, the BOV was included. Score!
Here is the exact list of parts that i used -
1x 2" > 2.5" 90 degree reducer. Connects to Turbo outlet.
1x 2.5" 90 degree coupler. I could not use the one in the kit as it was to small in length, i had to use one of my older ones which was longer on both ends. This was for the Throttle body.
1x 2.5" 90 degree Coupler
2x 2.5" 45 degree Coupler
1x 2.5" 45" pipe
1x 2.5" 90" pipe
1x 2.5" "J" pipe
1x BOV pipe
2x 2.5" coupler
I decided NOT to clock the turbo mainly because i was to lazy to remove it.
First off, This is the J pipe and how i cut it.
Picture shows the reducer from the turbo connected to the long part of the cut J pipe above.
After that J pipe, a 90 degree pipe is connected exiting around the radiator. Notice the Flex Radiator hose. The stock hose gets directly in the way. The flexible hose is a 1.25" universal hose that i bought at my local part store for about 7 bucks.
This is where i mounted the ebay BOV. The original plan was to mount it where the cut up J pipe was, but my goal is to slowly make the engine not look modified.
That finishes up the hotside.
Here is the coldside going from the TB. I used a J pipe because a 90 degree pipe was touching a pulley. The J pipe was cut to make it about 2" shorter. Some AC line "massaging" was performed to give the pipe greater clearance.
After the J pipe, a 45 degree coupler was connected. This coupler is longer than the one provided by the intercooler kit but i think either will work.
The 2nd part of the cut J pipe has my AIT sensor.
The cut up J pipe fits perfectly with 2 45 degree couplers on both ends.
Crappy 12am test drive picture.
The intercooler is mounted using 2 90 degree mounts from home depot with a small drilled hole next to the hood latch. I will try to get some pictures later.
Overall, it was not all that hard to do. Took about 2 full days to complete. I ended up having LOTS of parts left over from the kit which will be in the classifieds shortly.
I hope this post helps someone, Ill try to answer any questions.