03-07-2012, 02:13 AM
Join Date: Jun 2011
Total Cats: 0
NA Turbo Build soon - Build/Questions
I'll post my build here, since it's happening next week, just need some seasoned members to lend a little guidance
I'm hoping to get turbo install 1.0 done next week over Spring Break, and still deathly afraid I'm going to blow something up. Like... immediately. But, I bought a 1.6 NA with just about an entire (albeit bandaided) turbo setup from the PO.
6-ish lb/appropriate HP gain initial goal, looking for reliable DD, hope to play in the future.
Parts List (came with car):
- 170K unmolested 1.6
- GT2871? (Brain helped with identifying, from pics in a prev thread)
- Turbo Manifold
- 1.8 and 460cc injectors
- BEGI AFPR
- Steel braided coolant/oil lines
- new (Exedy - stock?) clutch kit
- spare Jap 1.6 and 5spd, but with refreshed stock head (should I swap heads now?)
- unidentified coilovers, slightly lower
- 0 offset, originally stanced 002's. (cranked the rears back North/South, currently looking to trade and/or sell these off to get something back under the car. rolled fenders for now, but they're WAY out there, and the only thing on CL is a Civic guy with 15x7 6UL's with 225/50's.)
- Piping and filter, into turbo, across to intake (I assume size is just "measure and get what you need"?)
- fittings (source?)
Soon: found a guy with a 1.8 diff (4.10 open i believe) rear to swap (with drive line, axles, carrier), hopefully next week as well.
Since I assume I can get this wrapped up with nothing but piping and fittings... I'm going to run the bandaid for now, and save up asap.
- where do I get fittings?
- How do I approach DIY fabbing all that piping? I'm a noob searcher, but I/C piping is all I've found
- rebuilt stock head - mine is original - is there any reason to crack the motor open to install the clean head?
- injectors - it looks like via Brain's DIYFAQ sticky that the 1.8's are sufficient for my goals - am I right? Or do I need to take down my 460cc sales ad?
Anything I'm overlooking?
Thanks guys - I know all this is below a lot of your levels, I appreciate the help!