Hello, thank you for deciding to make real power. I have some feedback for your quest.
Originally Posted by aidandj
<p>For that much boost you are going to need a whole lot more crank case venting. There are some good threads around.</p><p>You need a rear trans mount solution, diff mount solution.</p><p>Interested in holset spool. I'm currently on the hunt for a hx30.</p>
I ran a slashcut and that is absolutely impractical if you want to casually enjoy the car in any way at all. The stench of burning fumes and blowby in the exhaust is just horrible. Also when some oil does get in the exhaust, it smokes like ******* crazy and you look like your car is broken. That is good for acting like your car is a sleeper, but even after people see it go fast, they'll still think your car is broken.
Originally Posted by Gibbs
Let me add some advise form someone making only ~280hp.
You NEED to do a coolant reroute
Don't mess with any other radiator fans but Spal
Get the FM cross flow radiator
Talk to Reverant about his Enhanced Megasquirts
Get rid of the heat wrap on your manifold
Insulate the trans tunnel from heat, the inside of the car will get hot.
280hp is quite different than stock corvette power. If you are just ******* around on the street then you don't need to do any of this radiator or fan bullshit.
If you are track day bro then you have a whole other set of issues. Street and track builds are extremely different. Now, strip and road course track are also extremely different. Don't build for strip.. it will be a waste of your money and time and the best ET I've known of for a miata was 11.3 which is ******* lame and that car had 447hp and broke so many things on the way to that ET. Please just build for street and make a car that actually works.
For power I have some tips.
1. Tune your VVT cus it will help spool massively and alter your power curve dramatically. The more boost you're running the bigger a difference it will be.
2. Run a big ******* exhaust and downpipe. If you do some research into dyno proven setups on other forums where people make real power like evo land and supra land you'll see 3.5" or 4" is the way to go. Choad exhaust is ideal, short and wide. This will affect your spool. I talk about spool a lot because with **** little crap gt28 turbos you can spool hundreds or a thousand rpm later and people don't give a **** because who gives a **** they're not getting a massive rise in power they can wait for slow spool.. but with a bigger turbo you need hard dick big dingaling padoinking you in the nono NOW NOW NOW NOWNOW MORE NOW
3. You are clearly a capable mechanic so tear that head apart STAT and put in stiffer valve springs!!!! This mod had a HUGE impact on the driveability of my car. Revving to 8500 RPM changes the entire feel of the car and when you're running a bigger turbo, it means that you will have a much wider powerband, shift later and your car will sound awesome.
4. The NB stock intake manifold is not that great. It's a restriction.
5. If you want a twin disc ceramic 949 clutch i am selling mine. If you put it in your car it will be racecar and no longer be fun to drive. Unless you flat shift and burnout at traffic lights and that's why you have three broken rx7 transmissions in the garage