Sorry so late, I have been busy lately. I rolled and pulled fenders today, here's A pic. I will try to post MORE tomorrow. I promise!
My goal of the project was to maximize reliable performance using the stock engine (considering it's my one and only car/daily) I was talking to another miata owner. I don't think, I'll be getting a flyin' miata kit. Possibly just build one from scratch. I was reading this thread which made me understand that I have to do more research. (http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=415639
) I am planning on getting a EFR 6258 Turbo and a megasquirt pnp ecu. Out of curiosity, is the ecu plug and play? Is the EFR 6258 safe for a 1.6 motor?
Here's some details from the day I got the miata
-Flat black paint job: Recent owner used rattle cans -__- (priginal color is red)
-xxr 002 +0 offset 205/50/15 all around - All brand new tires
-Sleepy eye control
-Rolled & pulled fenders
-Soft top (some rips here and there & painted with trim paint -__-)
-Stock fenders, bumper, lights, etc..
-Seat speakers (still good, not popped.. yet.)
-Just installed a Kenwood Deck KDC-152
-Hooked up Bazooka subs w/ built in amp
[SUSPENSION & HANDLING]
-Flyin' miata top hat ( I'll take pictures of it, not too sure what it is. )
-Ground Control coilovers
-Koni Yellow struts - no dampening adjustments (not to sure if it does, I don't see no know on the top.)
-Cusco Roll Cage 7pt
-Not too sure if it has LSD, I will burn out to see if it does. Lol..
-Aftermarket filter - brand: Spector
-Painted Valve cover.
- I think it has a short shifter, not sure.
-Mazdaspeed exhaust system
For the people in Hawaii: Has Recon, safety good until next month, and registration good until October. I need to pay 185.75 to get it registered because it was military owned. Some crap like that.
- Not to sure if there is an oil leak or what, but when I checked the level on the dipstick, the level is in the middle. I looked underneath the car and saw a tiny puddle of oil. I'll find out what's happening.
- Seats are a bit uncomfortable. The cushion is flat. Lmao. Planning on getting a set of bride seats or something?
- Air bag light is flashing over and over and over. Don't really know how to shut that off but I'll try to research on that too.
- Title still needs to be transferred, but I'm broke right now and I do not get paid until next week. The owner haven't turned in the little slip yet, so I'm safe. Still have to get it insured. I'm driving around illegally I guess? Could I still get a ticket? There's no insurance card..
- Needs a new paint job, Not diggin the flat black look.
-146,651 miles, but hey its a old car