Attached are my dyno plot (sorry for poor qual), log from MLV, with spark and fuel maps, log data, and my msq. Take it apart.
It was on a dynapac hub dyno, tuner has experience with aem, but navigated around megasquirt well. I asked for a conservative tune, wasn't looking for maximum numbers.
Day was 90 degrees f, 90% r.h., piece of **** day for n.e., 29.86 in merc, which is 100.83 kpa. This pull ended up being 11.74 psi.
I run on 93 octane with 10% ethanol. It's a 1.6, bone stock, 100k miles with fresh bearings on bottom end only. No head work. 2560R, FM intercooler. 450cc injectors from Marrin. The pull was in third gear.
I think this is all you guys need, if need more, let me know. I'm not looking to blow **** up, but I am going to do something this winter, not sure yet whether I will build up my 1.6 with forged junk, or get a 1.8 lb to build up. If I go 1.8, I may do a budget build, with only forged rods and fresh rings, bearings, clean head, small valve job, etc.
The only thing you could really improve would be the fueling and boost. the spark map looks familiar . I have a feeling the rich mixture between 3-4K coupled with the slight boost drop is hurting your mid-range torque slightly. If you worked a little to flatten the boost and lean up that area i'm sure you'd see maybe 20ft-lb more torque at 4K and a gradually slope back down and meet back up at the 6k mark or so.
Thanks Brain. I may work at trimming that range out a little. I'm glad my spark map is ok. Two things, am I fat at the big end: mid 10 afr? Am I fucked out of headroom with the injectors: 92% duty at the big end at only 12 lbs?
I am running a nearly identical setup...12psi on stock 1.6L, RX7 460s, 12psi.
It's friggin' fast and fun.
I run just about 12.2:1 at the big end...and never see over 80% duty cycle. I plan to see a little more airflow when I upgrade the exhaust...but should still be fine on injectors. I will add WI when I go to turn up the boost anymore though.
Impressive numbers. Have you thought about a COPS setup?
I am suffering listening to a misfire at idle, and an even worse problem when I spend a long time at cruise whereby the AFRs go way fat, and the **** runs like it's loading up or something. I pull over, shut off, restart, and it's fine for a while, rinse, repeat (Bill Gates involved in MS?) I didn't even bring it up because I got no logs, so afaik, it isn't really happening. I don't want to spend my schekel on wires, coil packs, and ignitors only to spend more on COPS.
Let's establish that I am very dumb, even fatter, and extraordinarily lazy. I read the whole COPS thread, and am now having difficulty tying my shoes. I may try to build it myself, but I'd rather wait on a bitch dropping it pnp on my stoop.
I'm not sure if you already got a setup from someone...but I did mine Tuesday and it was EASY.
Made a huge difference as well. No more misfires, and smooth as a baby's butt all the way up to 7300rpm (whoops, didn't have resistor for tach yet, but datalog says I got carried away). COPS will make your day when you do it. I would have done it MUCH sooner knowing what I know now. Same can be said for straight-thru exhaust.
I upgraded exhaust on Thursday and now am feeling a LOT faster after what I consider a productive week. I lowered AFRs at the big end down to 12.0, and still am not maxing out the injectors. I just checked my last datalog, and at 6800rpm I'm seeing 67% duty cycle.
I know the 2560 is a bigger turbo...but you are probably still dumping in too much fuel. With your turbo characteristics and that timing map you really have no need to be running that rich. I would have stayed between 12.5 and 12.2 but my tiny turbo induces a little knock around peak torque range at 12psi. Once I add water injection I'll go back to my old VE table (leaner).