10-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilberts, IL
Total Cats: 102
DIY Injector Testing bench?
Has anyone built a DIY fuel injector testing bench for testing dead times, voltage correction etc?
So far here are the parts I think I would need:
- DC regulated power supply, 0-18v or so, 5 amps. (for ECU and injectors)
- DC power supply unregulated, 12v 30a or so for fuel pump power
- Fuel pressure regulator and pressure gauge
- Assorted fuel lines
- Fuel pump
- Assorted injector interfaces (plugs etc)
- Beakers or some sort of containment vessel for fuel analogue
- Graduated Cylinder for measuring fuel analogue
- Some sort of fuel analogue
- Assorted other hard parts, stand etc.
- Unused megasquirt or other device for setting pulse widths etc.
I was asked to assist with building a twin turbo 1967 mustang this winter and I'd like to eliminate as many variables as possible.
Are there any significant parts I am missing? What fuel analogue should I use? Any fuel pump I should pick? I'd like to keep the whole assembly uner $250 if I can help it (not including megasquirt).
Has anyone built one or does anyone have any guidence?