Mine was plug and play, because the gauge uses the default analog output scale of the LC-1. No need for a laptop. There was a procedure provided with the LC-1 that covers how to do this.
1. Install the LC-1 and gauge. Wire them per the directions.
2. Unplug the WBO2 from the LC-1. and remove the sensing end from the exhaust pipe.
3. Power it up for 30 secs or so WITH THE WB02 disconnected.
4. Power it off. Plug the WB02 back in.
5. Power it back up again. It should enter into the heater calibration mode.
6. When that is done, push the red button (installed per the instructions) and it will perform a free-air calibration. The WB02 sensor end HAS to be in free air.
7. Power down the LC-1
8. Reinstall the WB02 in the exhaust. Done.
9. Rejoice with a beer.
RTFM. It is all there, except for the beer part