2.0...ish, But for REAL this time. - Page 6 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Engine Performance This section is for discussion on all engine building related questions. KMiata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2016, 01:35 PM   #101
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 109
Total Cats: -30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidandj View Post
Are you forgetting something?

Give us real data. With boost levels, AFR and a plot that doesn't look like it was made with a potato.

Until then you are still just blabbering.

And yeah, it does suck to be wrong. As you are right now.
The log is in this thread
Pretending2koolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:42 PM   #102
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 33,445
Total Cats: 2,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretending2koolz View Post
So we can all agree facts are fact.

Fact is, people that want to agree with me, have what they need to agree with me.
Fact is, people that won't agree with me, will never have what they need to agree with me.

I could have the car dyno'd at 10:00 am Monday morning with my 2.5" log every bit of binary data that car puts out, pull it off install the 3" dyno it again at Noon logging all the same stats, and there will still be that guy that says,"Well it was warmer at noon than at 10:00 am so your test is invalid."
Nope. that's not how this site works. we pride ourselves on not being a bunch of sheeple retards who hang onto the bare words of every dumb n00b who thinks they know what they're doing. we work off data here.
that said, I'm trying really hard to get proper data to compare here.

aidan posted clear and readable/comparable plots.
you posted mashed potatoes.

your argument would make sense if we didn't have LOTS of plots proving it to be utter nonsense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretending2koolz View Post
I scoured the web for a run close enough to my first run and I could only find one off a Celica on a dynojet so I had to chop the top off so no one can see the car.
that's exactly what I thought
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:03 PM   #103
Elite Member
 
codrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 3,026
Total Cats: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post
and in a real world application the DA outside will have more of an effect then 10-20 whp

**** two dynos wont even read that close between each other.


While the power is power..im just saying I highly doubt anyone would notice such a little amount thats like 1psi if that on a good happy turbo
20 hp is almost 10% on a typical ~250rwhp Miata, it's certainly within the range of two well-calibrated dynos of the same type. Hell, it's within the range of a decently-calibrated butt dyno.

300 rpm of spool on the same turbo is huge.

--Ian
codrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:39 PM   #104
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 109
Total Cats: -30
Default

My 2.5"
183hp
150tq

My 3"
170hp
146tq




Not really sure what else you would be looking for.
Pretending2koolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:41 PM   #105
SadFab Sales Lady
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 15,252
Total Cats: 985
Default

Boost and AFR for both runs.
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #106
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 193
Total Cats: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrus View Post
20 hp is almost 10% on a typical ~250rwhp Miata, it's certainly within the range of two well-calibrated dynos of the same type. Hell, it's within the range of a decently-calibrated butt dyno.

300 rpm of spool on the same turbo is huge.

--Ian
While 10% sounds like a lot that does not make it 10% faster.

The 20whp gain on a 250whp car is maybe 2-3mph over a entire 1/4th mile.

You can feel that difference? Wow I cannot.
Shortpersonbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:27 PM   #107
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 33,445
Total Cats: 2,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretending2koolz View Post
My 2.5"
183hp
150tq

My 3"
170hp
146tq




Not really sure what else you would be looking for.
more flow equals less power and torque
that makes perfect sense. we should run 2" for 200hp and 180tq, obviously.
dat velocity
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:28 PM   #108
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 33,445
Total Cats: 2,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post
While 10% sounds like a lot that does not make it 10% faster.

The 20whp gain on a 250whp car is maybe 2-3mph over a entire 1/4th mile.

You can feel that difference? Wow I cannot.
that's cause your butt dyno is stretched and loose.

I've a thread about my MSM picking up 20ish whp which resulted in 2-3mph trap increase, consistently. You can go check it out.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:59 PM   #109
SadFab Sales Lady
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 15,252
Total Cats: 985
Default

If you see my dynos I gained another 3-500rpm of spool. That is noticeable.
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:59 PM   #110
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 13,526
Total Cats: 878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretending2koolz View Post
Not really sure what else you would be looking for.
Maybe a dyno chart where you actually rev the 3" example to its power peak, vs. (deliberately?) stopping at 6400rpm where the power is still rising?
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:01 PM   #111
SadFab Sales Lady
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 15,252
Total Cats: 985
Default

AND A BOOST SIGNAL FOR BOTH.

I can make those same plots by just adjusting EBC. Even on a 10" exhaust.
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:09 PM   #112
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 33,445
Total Cats: 2,038
Default

The reason I think he's trolling..........
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #113
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 193
Total Cats: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
that's cause your butt dyno is stretched and loose.

I've a thread about my MSM picking up 20ish whp which resulted in 2-3mph trap increase, consistently. You can go check it out.
Over the distance of over 1300 feet you can feel the difference between 103 and 105mph?

...okay lol
Shortpersonbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:15 PM   #114
Elite Member
 
codrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 3,026
Total Cats: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post
...okay lol
If you can't feel 10% more torque when the boost comes on, then your butt is numb.

--Ian
codrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:35 PM   #115
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 109
Total Cats: -30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Nope. that's not how this site works. we pride ourselves on not being a bunch of sheeple retards who hang onto the bare words of every dumb n00b who thinks they know what they're doing. we work off data here.
that said, I'm trying really hard to get proper data to compare here.

aidan posted clear and readable/comparable plots.
you posted mashed potatoes.

your argument would make sense if we didn't have LOTS of plots proving it to be utter nonsense

that's exactly what I thought
I don't have a log one from the original dyno but I logged some pulls on the highway doing rolling 40s the following week, that the closest I can get. I do have it from the 3" run. But, say I post the logs from both, what variable are you going to come at me with next, need to know the barometric pressure at the time of my runs, the location of Jupiter at the time of the runs, if the moon was waning or waxing that day. So long as it is the last post I have to make about it ill do it.

I don't have any boost controller just the 8 psi wastegate.
(just realized I can just go do some 40 rolls to compare to the other, but people will still think its witchcraft that my car made better power with my 2.5")

Last edited by Pretending2koolz; 06-29-2016 at 10:45 PM. Reason: after the fact
Pretending2koolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:48 PM   #116
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 109
Total Cats: -30
Default

2.5 40 roll

3 dyno pull(40 roll coming soon
Attached Thumbnails
2.0...ish, But for REAL this time.-80-graph1_a5526a9065ce8d1f0acf7a63ce9a71ab2a7ca086.png   2.0...ish, But for REAL this time.-80-graph2_3fcdd0f4c489170e1f437521c9b4b39f770cc605.png  
Pretending2koolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:01 AM   #117
SadFab Sales Lady
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 15,252
Total Cats: 985
Default

Stop filling this forum with your useless pile of garbage "data". Show some respect for your so called "physics bruh". What the **** can we do with a 40 roll log and a dyno. The car is loaded completely differently. What the **** will a 40 roll log do when we dont know the conditions.

**** off and close this thread already. All you are doing is spreading bullshit and dribbling out the side of your mouth.
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:13 AM   #118
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 109
Total Cats: -30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidandj View Post
What the **** will a 40 roll log do when we dont know the conditions.
Exactly, even if I put 2 dyno pulls with data you still dont know the conditions. People who want to believe me will, and people who don't want to won't
Pretending2koolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:15 AM   #119
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 250
Total Cats: 37
Default

Did you buy the mandrel bends and ditch the flex pipe?
dasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:20 AM   #120
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 109
Total Cats: -30
Default



Quote:
Originally Posted by dasting View Post
Did you buy the mandrel bends and ditch the flex pipe?
Mandrel bends are the greatest thing since sliced bread
Attached Thumbnails
2.0...ish, But for REAL this time.-80-20160627_150952_67ac30d48fef6a349a0014b1e47b8452b6721e40.jpg  

Last edited by Pretending2koolz; 06-30-2016 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Comment
Pretending2koolz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MS3 Basic 6000 rpm backfire and check engine light poormxdad MEGAsquirt 67 04-24-2016 04:50 PM
Low RPM signal, no spark macman2212 MEGAsquirt 16 04-10-2016 12:49 PM
Mspnp2 Miata cranks but won't start jaredfigdor MEGAsquirt 1 04-05-2016 11:30 AM
Injector fitment hockey930 Engine Performance 4 04-02-2016 12:31 PM
Casting blem on crank, should I be concerned? Cxracer Engine Performance 14 03-30-2016 01:31 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 PM.