Originally Posted by weinerdog
Well, I have the FM adapter plate which bolts the 1.6 TB onto the 1.8 intake manifold.
Yes, I realize that, but you could take off the adapter and run a 1.8 throttle body if you want vTPS. Your options (detailed in other threads):
- delete on/off TPS and live with poor acceleration enrichment
- bolt select Wells or BMW OE vTPS onto 1.6 manual TB, make wiring adapter (DIY, uses 1.6 IAC)
- buy 1.6 auto TB, make wiring adapter (easier, uses 1.6 IAC)
- buy NA8 TB, make wiring adapter (uses NA8 IAC)
- buy NB TB, make wiring adapter (uses internal NB IAC)
Since you have the 1.8 motor, I assumed you had a 1.8 throttle body assembly lying around. OTOH, using a 1.6 auto vTPS on your current throttle body is not
a viable option.