We're proud to introduce, without question, the best turbo solution available for the NC MX-5. A truly premium way to maximize the power output of your 2.0L or 2.5L power-plant. We started development with a very forward thinking "no expense spared" attitude and it shows in the final product. The MZR platform is a much more responsive system than the previous gen BP engines and we’re thrilled to take FULL advantage of that with the unrivaled BorgWarner EFR turbochargers. These turbos are leading the aftermarket/OEM industry in performance and reliability - you get MORE power, SOONER with LESS boost and LESS heat output. With a built-in Bypass Valve that is designed to keep shaft speeds high during shifts and the best performing internal wastegate V-Band housing on the market, we didn't think twice about choosing EFR as the heart of the NC system.
is FULL stainless steel with a massive 1/2" thick 3D CNC'd flange. Just like our NA/NB kits, to keep a track record of ZERO failures, each runner is precision cut Schedule Stainless material so you don't ever need to worry about fatigue or cracking. Unlike other options out there, we use a full flowing collector run to a V-Band flange for the most efficient and easiest to install solution. Each runner features perfect joints and proper geometry so your manifold looks as good as it flows. We've kept the runners short to maximize response, velocity and for the most engine bay clearance possible.
is a full bar and plate, offset turbulator intercooler with high fin density. Each end tank custom cast and precision tig welded - the end tanks also feature rounded inner corners to better distribute high flowing air from the compressor housing. None of those oddly shaped sheet metal tanks. With a 3.5" thick core, we have the largest most efficient intercooler when compared to our competition. Our full aluminum, tig welded charge pipes feature the shortest route possible to keep efficiency at it's peak. Another VERY important part of our charge pipe system is the step-up in size throughout. Instead of starting with a full 3.5" pipe we start out with the exact size of the compressor outlet then gradually step up in size to improve the thermal properties of the compressed air. Each step up in size helps to expand the air and cool it, without losing velocity.
(production color is wrinkle black)
(production powder coating shown here)
of choice is the BorgWarner EFR 6758 (other sizes are direct drop in) A very versatile turbocharger with large map width for outstanding power potential even at high boost and does it in a small package. Uses the same compact compressor housing found on it's younger brother but with a larger 53.9mm inducer, 67mm exducer compressor wheel to support a remarkable 49lbs per minute max flow rate & up to 450 HP. Very quick spool makes it the perfect choice for the NC MZR engine. If you're looking for more or less, there are direct bolt on options available but this seems to be the best option for anyone as it can be turned down for stock internals and plenty of room to go for the customer who might build a bottom end at some point in the future.
- Full Stainless Construction
- Sch Thick Wall 304 Stainless
- 0.500” CNC’d Flange 1/2" Stainless Flange
- BorgWarner EFR Turbocharger - Internally Gated
- Fully Back Purged Tig Welded Fabrication
- High Flow Full 4-1 Merge Collector
- AC + PS Compatible Design
- RHD/LHD Compatible
- Bar and plate, offset turbulator intercooler to support 515hp (crank)
- Full Stainless Braided AN line package for the Oil/Coolant - None of those silly rubber hoses and worm clamps!
- Output ranges from 250whp to 460whp with the included turbocharger 500+ with the 7163 option.
- No modification required to fit the manifold/downpipe
- Battery relocation kit included in production models
- Manual boost controller included on production models
Are there supporting items I'll need?
- Clutch - Your OE clutch is not up to the task. For the stock internal customers or low boost built guys we recommend the Competition Clutch Stage 3 clutch. Anything beyond this we strongly suggest the ACT XT/Race Sprung 6 Pad. It supports a huge 430ft lbs of torque and is friendly enough for the STREET.
- Fuel Injectors - We offer these on the product page for you to conveniently add during check out - we recommend the 800cc DW Injectors.
- MAP Sensor - you can get away with your factory MAP sensor but for tuning accuracy we recommend our 3 BAR MAP solution. It comes with installation instructions and all required material.
- A professional tune. We've worked with Dynotronics on the first couple of vehicles and they've been a pleasure to deal with. We also have relationships with other ECUTEK tuners we provide supporting information to.
How do I buy? RESERVE YOUR KIT HERE
- To reserve your kit or leave a deposit please contact us.
When will it ship?
- We're currently working on our pre-production kits, 3 of the 9 have been produced and we're working through the remaining units. Contact us to reserve your spot in line.
- NOTE: If you have a documented build thread on the forums we are offering a small discount, please contact us for details.