01-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lexington SC
Total Cats: 12
01 Parts to upgrade 91/96
I have a 91 with pretty much all 96 drivetrain (engine, tranny and diff(torsen). I just picked up a base 2001 as parts car with some damage from rear end collision. I am trying to figure out what parts are worth keeping and swapping over to the 91.
1. I will be keeping the VVT engine and tranny.
2. I was debating on swapping the front and rear subframes for the improved suspension geometry, but I donít know if I want to swap steering racks, my 91 steering feel/assist is perfect.
3. Brake master and booster
4. Rear calipers. The 01 rear calipers have bigger pistons than 91ís right? I am already running 11Ē sport rotors in the rear.
Questions I have:
1. Are the A-arms improved with the NB2 suspension?
2. Will the NB2 coolant reservoir fit an NA?
3. What other NB2 parts are worth swapping over?