10-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Join Date: Oct 2015
Total Cats: 1
90' NA miata with an NA8 swap, starts then dies.
Just bought me a 90 miata with a 1.8 swapped into it, running...iffy. Drove the car home, and it had "flat spots" while cruising but pulled fine under acceleration. Got it close to home and the car died while idling at a light. Restarts for 2-5 seconds then dies, repeatedly. Got it to run again after 30 minutes of fussing around under the hood only for the same thing to happen again on a rough road 2 minutes later.
Here's what I know about the car:
- Has this coil on plug setup. I see the capacitor where the wires connect to the harness and I see the resistor in the diagnostics box.
- TPS is definitely not connected to anything
- Is running a (working, tested it on my other 1.6 miata) 1.6 afm
- Has the EGR tube crimped and folder over (cheapo blockoff?)
- Has a new ground off the back of the valve cover to the frame.
- has a new O2 sensor
I'm hearing suggestions to swap in a 1.8 ecu, at that point id rather buy a megasquirt.
Any helpful input on this is greatly appreciated!