10-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Total Cats: -1
All my coolant questions in one thread
OK once and forever answer these questions for me.
1. What is normal operating temp for a naturally aspirated 1.6l Miata?
2. What is normal operating temp for a turbo charged 1.6l?
3. What is too hot? is 207 degrees too hot? is 210 too hot?
4. If my fans work when the front coolant temp sensor is unplugged there is no need for the sensor?
5. If 207-210 is too hot should i try getting a colder thermostat? i have a 180 now but for some reason when i first start the car in the morning it takes almost 215 to get the thermostat to open but later it says open.
My set up: Stock radiator, Coolant fed turbo, 50/50 coolant mix, Purple Ice watter wetter. The temp outside today is 50 degrees, 180 degree tstat.
Where do i get 160 degree tstat?
Another question. I put in a upper rad hose coolant temp sensor for an aftermarket gauge. Its all over the place and never shows the right temp. I am pretty sure its because i did not ground it right. Where can i get a good ground around the upper rad hose. I really dont want to have a 3 feet long wire going somewhere.
Last edited by Rushin; 10-25-2009 at 02:25 PM.