* MaxiDisplay II *
What is MaxiDisplay, what does it do..
MaxiDisplay displays a total of 8 important parameters on the LCD screen and provides warnings - both audible and visual – at levels set by the user.
Since MaxiDisplay communicates directly with the sensors, the response is instantaneous. The optional Windows based software allows the user to display live data on a computer screen, and logs can be taken, as well.
MaxiDisplay is designed, programmed and manufactured by Hakan Caliskan.
Customization of the MaxiDisplay is possible to a certain extent, the intro screen may also be customized.
Please read the following:
Since the product is semi-custom in nature, delivery takes up to 3-4 days.
* Main control Unit
* LCD Screen and ribbon cable
* LEDs and Buttons (Red LED for alarm, Blue LED for the shift light)
* Yellow LED (used in certain applications, not available in every package. Used for fuel gauge, etc.)
* Coolant temp sensor (provided with the kit, free of charge, if needed)
* Oil temp sensor (provided with the kit, free of charge, if needed)
* Rs-232 serial connection cable (optional)
* Windows logging software (optional)
* User and installation manual
4*20 Normal LCD: $260 plus s/h. Outside measurements: 9.8cm x 6cm
4*20 Large LCD: $280 plus s/h. Outside measurements: 14.6cm x 6.2cm
4*20 Huge LCD: $330 plus s/h. Outside measurements: 18.2cm x 9cm
OPTION 1: Serial Log cable and Windows software $15
*as long as Option 2 is not selected serial out is present. Option 1 is for the serial cable and software.
OPTION 2: A relay controlled output instead of the serial out $ 35
Examples for Option 2: NOS CONTROL OUTPUT, INTERCOOLER SPRAY OUTPUT, FAN CONTROL, etc, etc…
* The ability to run the fan(s) or water spray over a certain temp and rpm level.
* The ability to activate NOS over a certain boost level + rpm and TPS value.
* The ability to activate exhaust bypass over a certain level of boost + rpm.
* Installation is not included.
* Guaranteed for 2 years.
What information is available with MaxiDisplay ?
NOTE: MaxiDisplay does not communicate with the ECU OBDII port. It communicates directly with the sensors.
The following information may be displayed in a fast and accurate manner:
Oil Pressure (oilP)
Oil Temp (oilT)
Intake air temp (Ait)
Intercooler temp (Ict)
Intercooler Efficiency% (Ice) (Input and output should be monitored simultaneously)
Coolant temp (Wts)
Exhaust Temp (Egt)
Air-fuel wideband (Afr)
Throttle position (Tps)
İnjector duty cycle (Duty)
Outside temp (OutT)
Fuel Pressure (FuelP)
Serial out (Datalog)
Speed in certain applications (Speed)
Fuel gauge in certain applications (Fuel) (float)
*MaxiDisplay has 8 inputs, excluding the serial out. The user needs to choose the desired inputs from the list. (Please contact me for your preferences)
Alarms can be defined:
* Alarms are important. Think about it: we should be looking ahead at full throttle, instead of the gauges. You can only catch a glimpse of the gauges either when you just get on, or off the gas. So, what happens in between?
The pistons of a 4 cylinder engine move up and down 100 times a second at 6000 rpm. This should give you an idea how little time you have to react in case something goes wrong.
No additional cost for the alarms.
2 or 3 LEDs and simultaneous audible alarms are used for:
Coolant temp, Oil temp, Oil pressure alarms, etc...
* Oil and Coolant temp sensors come with the kit.
* Act, Oil pressure, EGT probe (if needed for the setup) should be purchased separately.
* Wideband sensor and its controller should be purchased separately.
Example: Innovate LC-1 wideband, AEM wideband (with their respective controllers)
* Data such as Rpm, Tps, Duty Cycle and Boost (Map) are collected from the sensors on the engine. No additional sensors are required for these functions.
In cases where the vehicle is not equipped with a MAP sensor, that should be purchased separately, as well, to read boost.
We try to use all the existing sensors to save money for the user.
4*20 Normal LCD
Outside measurements: 9.8cm x 6cm
Active Display Measurements: 7.6cm x 2.6cm
4*20 Large LCD
Outside measurements:14.6cm x 6.2cm
Active Display Measurements:12.5cm x 4.3cm
4*20 Huge LCD
Outside measurements: 18.2cm x 9cm
Active Display Measurements: 14.7cm x 6.5cm
normal, buyuk (large) and kocaman (huge) LCD displays:
Maxidisplay is shipped within 3-4 days.
Custom orders may take longer.
Please see http://www.maxigauges.com/ar-ge.html
for sample pictures and videos.
2*24 red LCD (vtec)
Huge LCD dashboard, vtec
Large LCD, Subaru gc8
Sample boost graph:
Contact me here, I will translate the messages for Hakan Caliskan.
Again, I have no affiliation with the manufacturer, nor any financial gain for posting this info here. I just like the product.