To the OP: I have an MSM. I see the good and the bad.
The good, as others explained:
- you get some stronger parts vs. regular NB, plus better suspension
- you get the (in my opinion) nicer bodywork plus the MS interior style
- you get the warranty on a turbo car (all expired by now however)
The bad, as I personally experienced:
- ECU tune is a pathetic joke + 6500 rev limit
- turbo can do 230rwhp, but it takes 15 psi
- downpipe/exhaust are terrible
- intercooler is a laughingstock
- intake / BOV are terrible
Finally: that "Little Enchilada" doesn't give you 200 rwhp. That is a B.S. claim by people who test with questionable dynos and/or have unsafe boost with lousy tunes and/or they're just full of ****. Reality check: L.E. kit gives you approx. 180-190 rwhp.
However, with all the same L.E. parts but using an Aburdflow 3" turboback instead of FM's downpipe and exhaust, my car dyno'd at 213 rwhp at approx. 12 psi.
Deciding factor in favor of MSM: when I drove an NA, women said, "It's so cute!" and that was all .... when I got the NB/MSM, it helped me get laid more often.
A lot of non-car people think it's a much more upscale sports car than a lowly regular Miata.