11-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Join Date: Jul 2006
Total Cats: 72
Just a recap of the changes since the last major release:
1) Fix a major bug with soft registers (gcc uses these) which was causing instability in some situations (backport from MS3)
2) Add config error to prevent trigger angle/offset with trigger wheel or EDIS.
3) Some CAN changes, including the ability to allow up to 32 tables for CAN.
4) Merge MAF and ITB load modes to ms2/extra from MS3. Neither has been tested in a car although I will test ITB mode in the next couple weeks.
5) Merge back adding eaeload and afrload to outpc so now they can be logged.
6) Small idle code fix for when the throttle is pressed while during the ramp to target.
7) partial rewrite of distributor, trigger return, and twin trigger modes
8. 1,2,3 cyl rpm/squirts calcs fixed.
9) Fix rotary mode (was broken sometime in a previous 3.0.x.
10) Ported Subaru 6/7 COP from MS3
11) Ported NGC 2.0/2.4 alternate cam from MS3
12) Independent support for remote CAN port. There's now a dedicated menu item instead of "borrowing" the standard (local) spare port screen.
13) Fix tacho out
I think I would hold off on this one though. The first comment on the relevant thread at the ms extra site is "I uploaded this firmware and now my tach doesn't work".