This is a bit out of left field for us, not the kind of stuff we normally do, but we just couldn't pass up this offer. We were invited to become an official distributor for Piloti shoes; we're thrilled as everyone here at SakeBomb has been wearing Piloti shoes for years - on and off the track. It's pretty exciting to be able to provide Piotis to the FD community, and we're going to be running a group buy on them since the first shipping container of the new 2015 product line just arrived earlier this week.
Here's a general overview of Pilot shoes:
The main purpose of the shoes is to provide the absolute best driving shoe, while still making it usable for everyday things like walking around town. Basically, these shoes are just as comfortable doing heel-toe downshifts as they are walking around a classic car meet. They're actually significantly more robust than most normal shoes; our product designer has had one pair of "daily drivers" for more than four years and they're still in very good shape.
The 2015 lineup covers everything from super ridiculous luxury designer shoes to hard core racing shoes and everything in between like driving loafers and track day sneakers.
Features of Piloti shoes include:
- Patented Roll Control heel shaped to reduce foot fatigue on long drives by supporting your heel with more effective cushioning. The Roll Control heel also supports your natural stride as you walk, with a sturdy rubber outsole for durability and grip. The tread pattern across the sole of the shoe is inspired by vintage racing tires.
- The well-cushioned sole gives you more arch support and comfort, unlike most racing shoes or driving loafers that have very thin soles. This helps prevent heat and vibration fatigue, a significant problem in enduro racing. They also have a "Toe Spring" to aid in all-day comfort both driving and walking.
- Lateral reinforcement on the right-hand shoe gives you more control over heel-and-toe footwork, providing a stronger and more durable surface exactly where it's needed.
- The Performance line is NOMEX lined, giving you fire-retardant protection for the track.
- All Piloti shoes are made with high quality suedes and leathers with pigskin tongues and facings
- Removable sock liner allows you to use shoe inserts for comfort or orthotic needs.
Just a warning, like everything performance related that's high quality, these shoes are not cheap. But, you get what you pay for... they're well worth every penny and will last you years on end. These aren't just driving shoes. They're some of, if not THE best, driving shoes we've ever used, hands down which is why we were so thrilled to have been invited to become a distributor.
Check out our new Footwear Section
for more information.
If we can gather enough people together, we will be running an introductory group buy. We need a minimum of 30 people interested to make this happen. Piloti has given us the go-ahead for a one time introductory sale on their entire 2015 lineup, which just arrived in the States a few days ago. If we can hit 30 people, we can make this happen.
Please go here and list yourself
with your name and the size, style, and color you want so we can get an idea of how we'll need to distribute our orders.