How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair - Page 229 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #4561
Boost Czar

iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,135
Total Cats: 1,401
Default

I want someone to post the answer to the question.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #4562
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 12,198
Total Cats: 749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I want someone to post the answer to the question.
Sorry I cannot give an accurate answer without my formula sheets.
shuiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #4563
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 411
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
Gay. Do not want.
E-NA6CE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #4564
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 152
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishfulthinking90 View Post
Do you know what supercharger set up he's running? A buddy of mine had a Dinan supercharger on his M-Roadster and it was scary fast. He worked at Boost Logic for a bit and was their pioneer for the turbo kit they offer now. It is retarded fast, now. Vids below.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/blit...urbo_25263.htm
http://tinypic.com/player.php?s=1&v=2pydv95

*edit* found one more...

http://www.streetfire.net/video/blai...om-4_20941.htm

Last edited by chricto; 11-10-2010 at 11:16 AM.
chricto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #4565
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

That video seriously made me cry.

The worst part is the way he scaled that distance works out to a little over 5ft...
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #4566
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Batavia, IL
Posts: 604
Total Cats: 0
Default

lol @ 6:25
Cococarbine3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #4567
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Frederick MD
Posts: 206
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffon01 View Post
^what are the numbers on that hoe?
I've been told, but I can't remember


Quote:
Originally Posted by chricto View Post
Do you know what supercharger set up he's running? A buddy of mine had a Dinan supercharger on his M-Roadster and it was scary fast. He worked at Boost Logic for a bit and was their pioneer for the turbo kit they offer now. It is retarded fast, now.
It's a Vortech supercharger, I'm not sure what model, but I think his setup is made by RMS. Not sure don't quote me haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I know that guy, and have driven in his car. Saint_foo is good friends with him too.
It's sick, isn't it? I went to a Z Meet (BMW, not Nissan) at Carderock Park with my friend Mark, who owns an S54-powered M Coupe, and he's good friends with the guy who owns the red M Coupe. I was riding in it, and the owner pulls over and says, "So you're pretty good at driving stick?" I was kinda shocked and mumbled something about being about average, as he gets out and tells me to drive it. I was shocked by how smooth all the power comes on. I am in love with that thing haha
CPSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:13 AM   #4568
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Batavia, IL
Posts: 604
Total Cats: 0
Default

ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡

That's my house.
Cococarbine3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:14 AM   #4569
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 3,354
Total Cats: 5
Default

Fixed

Last edited by turotufas; 11-10-2010 at 07:17 PM.
turotufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #4570
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Damn it pay day, hurry up!!! Once I get my paycheck direct deposited into my account, I'm transferring every last dime into my new account and shutting this hoe. I had another goddamn credit report site charge a fee today. Apparently this one though is very widely known for fraud, so that kind of confuses me. Lots of other people have had unauthorized charges from this site with no prior contact with the company in any way... maybe I have two seperate accounts of fraud going on, lol! Just got done setting up a 90 day fraud alert on my credit record, making it harder for lenders and other places to look at or put anything on my credit, but it's not a freeze. I may have to get a freeze if it gets worse, or doesn't go away with new bank account and changed passwords. JESUS!!!
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #4571
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,396
Total Cats: 1,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Damn it pay day, hurry up!!! Once I get my paycheck direct deposited into my account, I'm transferring every last dime into my new account and shutting this hoe. I had another goddamn credit report site charge a fee today. Apparently this one though is very widely known for fraud, so that kind of confuses me. Lots of other people have had unauthorized charges from this site with no prior contact with the company in any way... maybe I have two seperate accounts of fraud going on, lol! Just got done setting up a 90 day fraud alert on my credit record, making it harder for lenders and other places to look at or put anything on my credit, but it's not a freeze. I may have to get a freeze if it gets worse, or doesn't go away with new bank account and changed passwords. JESUS!!!
Changing accounts at the same bank won't help because they will link your old account to your new one. Unfortunately, you actually need to close the account and switch banks to make a clean break.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #4572
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 152
Total Cats: 0
Default

Can you not just contact the bank and have them deny these transactions? That may seem like a dumb question, but it's worth a try. I mean, it's your account and your money. You should be able to control how it's spent.
chricto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #4573
I haz no trubo
iTrader: (2)
 
Oscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bolton, UK
Posts: 2,973
Total Cats: 101
Default

Chrome is pretty quick and all, but would it really hurt to use at least a dropdown button thingy for recently visited URLs like normal browsers do?

Typing every address gets old fast.
Attached Thumbnails
How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair-kutchrome.jpg  
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #4574
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 411
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Chrome is pretty quick and all, but would it really hurt to use at least a dropdown button thingy for recently visited URLs like normal browsers do?

Typing every address gets old fast.
+1, although I use Chrome at home and it auto-completes every URL I've ever visited. I maybe have to type in three or four characters and then hit Enter. Same thing with FireFox.
E-NA6CE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #4575
Boost Czar

iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,135
Total Cats: 1,401
Default

in firefox, use the "old bar" add-on.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #4576
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
Changing accounts at the same bank won't help because they will link your old account to your new one. Unfortunately, you actually need to close the account and switch banks to make a clean break.
I did go to a new bank.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #4577
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chricto View Post
Can you not just contact the bank and have them deny these transactions? That may seem like a dumb question, but it's worth a try. I mean, it's your account and your money. You should be able to control how it's spent.
Well the problem is knowing which transactions are actually me and which are fraud, until after the fact. I'm really not as worried with these little things as much as I am the several thousand someone billed me for at a hospital.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #4578
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 152
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Well the problem is knowing which transactions are actually me and which are fraud, until after the fact. I'm really not as worried with these little things as much as I am the several thousand someone billed me for at a hospital.
Tell me about it; I work in healthcare. The current system is bullshit.
chricto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #4579
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chricto View Post
Tell me about it; I work in healthcare. The current system is bullshit.
You would think before doing $4000 worth of work on someone, they would at least check identification, and I figured would have had my actual medical records to compare to, and would have seen something wrong. This ******* is apparently old if he got and used AARP insurance to pay for this. Once I canceled the insurance, they sent me the rest of the bill. He got away with a $200 co-pay and I'm left with the rest. They better let this one go, because I'm not ******* paying it.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:08 AM   #4580
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

I just moved 10k from checking into a savings account with 10% interest, for the remainder of my deployment.

LS1 swap budget
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uconn Car Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 1 01-23-2016 10:17 PM
Uconn Car Show Sat, April 9th 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 7 04-11-2011 11:00 AM
Uconn Car Club Spring 2010 Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 92 04-12-2010 06:20 PM
anual uconn car show/meet 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 0 02-19-2008 10:03 PM


Tags
brain <3 me, brainy <3s hollywood, cancerous testicles, cuban caveman, furry barnacle, get fragged faeflora, joe p for prez, lyrical joe perez, not hit block, peter falk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 PM.