How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair - Page 354 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #7061
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

For the first time in my life, I am upset with Newegg. They seem to no longer carry anything older than AM3 in their processor lineup. There are tons of people still running AM2/AM2+ machines who could use processors. Was about to go purchase a 5400+ dual core that they carried only a few days ago, now they only offer the newest processors from AMD it seems. So much for them being the go to place for all computer parts.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #7062
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,480
Total Cats: 373
Default

I found one for sale here:

http://tinyurl.com/4and8a8
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #7063
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,687
Total Cats: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
For the first time in my life, I am upset with Newegg. They seem to no longer carry anything older than AM3 in their processor lineup. There are tons of people still running AM2/AM2+ machines who could use processors. Was about to go purchase a 5400+ dual core that they carried only a few days ago, now they only offer the newest processors from AMD it seems. So much for them being the go to place for all computer parts.
Dont fret homie, most AM2+ can support the AM3 processor with a bios update... I know mine did!

got a phenom X4 to replace my X2 last year, just needed to update the bios.


But I agree to the newegg disappointment.
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #7064
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,637
Total Cats: 45
Default

I was just talking with the bodyshop guy next door and this kid came to pick up his S4 that was getting fixed. Apparently the kid had a TT first and smashed that, so then the parents got him the S4 and he smashed that out on a lake somewhere.

The kid comes to pick it up and immediately rips on it out of the parking lot. Its a ******* stock S4 with an exhaust and a cheap intake that he didn't even buy. How can you drive it around without feeling like a total spoiled little girl.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #7065
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
Dont fret homie, most AM2+ can support the AM3 processor with a bios update... I know mine did!

got a phenom X4 to replace my X2 last year, just needed to update the bios.


But I agree to the newegg disappointment.
Well the problem was I'm looking for a cheap replacement. I guess I'll just have to buy used from Amazon. Found a used 4800+ for $48. Slower than the 5400+ it's replacing, but the user (my dad) will never notice.

I had to ****** his processor to use in a computer I built for my aunt. I thought my X4 940 was going to work, but something I failed to notice was the motherboard I got for her computer only supports up to 95W, and the 940 is a 125W processor. Never had to deal with TDP before, never had an incompatible motherboard, because I've never built on the cheap like I did for her. So it would have burned out the regulator in short time. So I stole the 5400+ to get her her computer. My dad rarely uses the computer anyway, so he can wait a few days for a replacement.

Seems Newegg is becoming too big for their britches, more worried about profit margin than helping customers get what they need and want.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #7066
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Longs, SC
Posts: 2,583
Total Cats: 12
Default

Pictures of the town of Ōfunato, Japan. Apparently there is a guy on CR that lives in this place.
icantthink4155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #7067
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,480
Total Cats: 373
Default

Dammit! First my CL doesn't show up for 4 days, so I delete it and repost it. It's up for 20 minutes, and someone flags it and it comes down. Now I'm reposting it again and can't get the email from CL that allows you to publish the ad.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #7068
I haz no trubo
iTrader: (2)
 
Oscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bolton, UK
Posts: 2,971
Total Cats: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantthink4155 View Post
Pictures of the town of Ōfunato, Japan. Apparently there is a guy on CR that lives in this place.
He got hellaflushed


(too soon? sorry)
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #7069
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post
I was just talking with the bodyshop guy next door and this kid came to pick up his S4 that was getting fixed. Apparently the kid had a TT first and smashed that, so then the parents got him the S4 and he smashed that out on a lake somewhere.

The kid comes to pick it up and immediately rips on it out of the parking lot. Its a ******* stock S4 with an exhaust and a cheap intake that he didn't even buy. How can you drive it around without feeling like a total spoiled little girl.
I never felt like a total spoiled little girl in my S4. But mine had turboz. =))))))
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #7070
Free Moustache Rides
iTrader: (8)
 
matthewdesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,622
Total Cats: 42
Default

http://denver.craigslist.org/tag/2269531532.html

Attached Thumbnails
How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair-sylvester.jpg  
matthewdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:57 AM   #7071
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,644
Total Cats: 1,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
For the first time in my life, I am upset with Newegg. They seem to no longer carry anything older than AM3 in their processor lineup.
Best place to go for recently-obsolete hardware: http://www.geeks.com/

Processors: http://www.geeks.com/products.asp?cat=CPU

AM2 4800+, new, $46: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...IAA5DO&cat=CPU

AM2 7850 "Black Edition", new, $50: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...BGH-BP&cat=CPU
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:20 AM   #7072
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Best place to go for recently-obsolete hardware: http://www.geeks.com/

Processors: http://www.geeks.com/products.asp?cat=CPU

AM2 4800+, new, $46: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...IAA5DO&cat=CPU

AM2 7850 "Black Edition", new, $50: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...BGH-BP&cat=CPU
Nice find, thanks. I'd much rather spend that on new vs used (of course). I just feel like a part of my life has been taken from me. I have spent ~$8,000 with Newegg over the last 5 years or so, anything electronic pretty much. Could almost always find what I needed, and now they have pretty much ditched the lesser purchased stuff and are starting to thin out stock for only the newest stuff.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #7073
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,392
Total Cats: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantthink4155 View Post
Pictures of the town of Ōfunato, Japan. Apparently there is a guy on CR that lives in this place.
Did he drop any good loot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
He got hellaflushed


(too soon? sorry)
You should be ashamed of yourself. I know I am.

Seriously, that is some horrible looking destruction. The worst part is that I know there are bodies in much of that rubble. Those poor people didn't really know what was coming, I mean the sheer size of what was coming. Stunning.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #7074
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Round Pond, ME
Posts: 669
Total Cats: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post
I was just talking with the bodyshop guy next door and this kid came to pick up his S4 that was getting fixed. Apparently the kid had a TT first and smashed that, so then the parents got him the S4 and he smashed that out on a lake somewhere.

The kid comes to pick it up and immediately rips on it out of the parking lot. Its a ******* stock S4 with an exhaust and a cheap intake that he didn't even buy. How can you drive it around without feeling like a total spoiled little girl.
Maybe he's OK with being a spoiled little girl - we have plenty of them around in Fairfield Cty. Drive by any high school parking lot and you'll see most of the cars are way more expensive than anything I've ever owned.
xturner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #7075
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, Oregon.
Posts: 6,841
Total Cats: 63
Default

I donated to that guy on CR..it's a really horrible thing to have happen.

Oscar...yeah...too soon...and not funny.
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #7076
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
Seriously, that is some horrible looking destruction. The worst part is that I know there are bodies in much of that rubble. Those poor people didn't really know what was coming, I mean the sheer size of what was coming. Stunning.
What is almost as stunning as the destruction and mess, is thinking of cleaning it up. It takes me hours of standing over a messy car work area and at least a 6 pack of beer to finally decide to clean up a small mess. How do you clean up a mess on that scale. It's mind boggling the logistics of cleaning up hundreds of miles of coast, several miles onshore. Where does all of that crap go?
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #7077
I haz no trubo
iTrader: (2)
 
Oscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bolton, UK
Posts: 2,971
Total Cats: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
I donated to that guy on CR..it's a really horrible thing to have happen.

Oscar...yeah...too soon...and not funny.
My bad. I apologize
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #7078
Boost Czar

iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,100
Total Cats: 1,400
Default

Oscar, sixshooter wins that one.


but yeah, too soon.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #7079
Elite Member
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,182
Total Cats: 321
Default

Oh, come on. It was funny. You can bet the rest of the world is laughing at us when **** happens.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #7080
Boost Czar

iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,100
Total Cats: 1,400
Default

sixshooter's was funnier, it's classic.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uconn Car Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 1 01-23-2016 10:17 PM
Uconn Car Show Sat, April 9th 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 7 04-11-2011 11:00 AM
Uconn Car Club Spring 2010 Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 92 04-12-2010 06:20 PM
anual uconn car show/meet 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 0 02-19-2008 10:03 PM


Tags
brain <3 me, brainy <3s hollywood, cancerous testicles, cuban caveman, furry barnacle, get fragged faeflora, joe p for prez, lyrical joe perez, not hit block, peter falk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 AM.