How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair - Page 396 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2011, 06:26 AM   #7901
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

O RLY?

Full_Tilt_Boogie, investigate!
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #7902
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, Oregon.
Posts: 6,841
Total Cats: 63
Default

BTW I may or may not have posted something on the MT FB page....
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #7903
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 3,354
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotomile View Post
O RLY?
I'm going to confirm this tonight.
turotufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #7904
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,681
Total Cats: 1,576
Default

All she wanted was to know what they had done with her husband's body. It seemed like a reasonable thing to expect.

Sam, too, had only one thing on his mind- deliver the check, and get her signature on the receipts; one pink, the other blue. He didn't know why this had to be done, and had long ago accepted that his lot was not to wonder at such things. It had seemed like such a simple task. Deliver check, get a signature. And yet clearly there were unusual circumstances about this situation.

The woman seemed atypically distraught, for one. It's quite normal, expected really, that a person who had been subjected to such a horror would tend not to be themselves. But the guilty ones, and they were always guilty after all, they always seemed resigned to their fate, as though they'd accepted long ago the eventual consequences of their actions. This one, though, was different somehow. Her despair seemed so genuine, her manner was that of a person who had actually been subjected to an unjust expiration.

Unjust expiration? Why had he even thought that? The very notion that such an error could arise out of the well-honed procedures of the Department of Retrieval was so absurd that it was almost a mismatching of concepts. This man, this Mr. Buttle... his name had been printed on the form, and that was really all there was to it, after all.

Except that clearly it wasn't, and here was this check which proved it. This check, and these damned receipts. And to think that he'd volunteered for the task.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:27 AM   #7905
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 436
Total Cats: 1
Default

went to mortons tonight.. holy **** that place was awesome. it was my gf's relatives' anniversary party, got hammered and ate some delicious steak fo free... no waffle fries tho
redfred18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:46 AM   #7906
A living god
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 5,934
Total Cats: 222
Default

6 hours until I need to wake up and get prepped for a autocross in Key West.

Probably the first time I have not been excited for race day. The Pelican Machine will not be there, it is waiting on Schroth harnesses.

No...I will be co-driving my friend's 1.8t Golf. Would be fun...except for the butchered short shifter install. First gear is between where 3rd and 5th should be originally and second gets locked out unless you let off the gas

Me:"Whatcha workin' on, dude?"
Retard:" Ahh, Bro! Got a new short shifter!"
Me:"Nice. Is it a Diesel Geek?"
EuroFag:"Hell yeah! I'm almost done..."
Me:"Nice, dude. I've done one of these before, it's a worth while upgrade. Did you lock the transmission into the home position?"
TurdFace:"Nah. Just unbolted it all and put the new **** on."
Me:"....did you follow the instructions at all?"
VW=Vgay:"Pfft, I don't need instructions! What can go wrong?"

Skip to a hour later-
Anus:"Bro..my car won't go into reverse or fifth.."
Me:"You probably stretched the cables, dude."
ButtMunch:"......I did what??"
Me:"....Nothin'...I gotta go. Have fun with your new shifter."

Interesting find, while I was doing basic checks today, all four spark plugs were loose.....so was the oil pan drain plug(2-3 exposed threads). I was a bit confused...then I find out he installed BFI race mounts. Not just a dog-bone mount...but ALL the mounts and all new hardware. The car vibrates like a ******* ***** attached to a car battery. Apparently there is a reason why you don't daily a car with solid race mounts, your **** falls apart and nearly drains your car of it's blood.

This amazing machine will also be running a brand new set of tires. What brand tires and compound you might ask? Well, I have no idea...and neither does he.

Yes. He bought random tires that are 225 wide because they said 225 on the website. Turns out they are Chinese and so hard that first gear is now completely useless once you get into boost. Not too bad, except this race will be in a parking lot and is very slow, maybe 40mph tops. Not fast enough to run the whole thing in 2nd.

I'm 99% sure that when I show up tomorrow that the car is still going to have tons of **** in it and be a complete mess with no real prep work done. Even though I drove to Key West today just to help him get ready.

Bright side: I live in America. I get to thrash this ******* car all day with out a second thought of showing it any form of compassion, and if it dies...I will not care.
viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #7907
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
BTW I may or may not have posted something on the MT FB page....
come in the mt chat
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #7908
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southlake,Texas
Posts: 3,250
Total Cats: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusha View Post
come in the mt chat
ya, I want to see pics of Jenny
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #7909
A living god
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 5,934
Total Cats: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperormiata View Post
6 hours until I need to wake up and get prepped for a autocross in Key West.

Probably the first time I have not been excited for race day. The Pelican Machine will not be there, it is waiting on Schroth harnesses.

No...I will be co-driving my friend's 1.8t Golf. Would be fun...except for the butchered short shifter install. First gear is between where 3rd and 5th should be originally and second gets locked out unless you let off the gas

Me:"Whatcha workin' on, dude?"
Retard:" Ahh, Bro! Got a new short shifter!"
Me:"Nice. Is it a Diesel Geek?"
EuroFag:"Hell yeah! I'm almost done..."
Me:"Nice, dude. I've done one of these before, it's a worth while upgrade. Did you lock the transmission into the home position?"
TurdFace:"Nah. Just unbolted it all and put the new **** on."
Me:"....did you follow the instructions at all?"
VW=Vgay:"Pfft, I don't need instructions! What can go wrong?"

Skip to a hour later-
Anus:"Bro..my car won't go into reverse or fifth.."
Me:"You probably stretched the cables, dude."
ButtMunch:"......I did what??"
Me:"....Nothin'...I gotta go. Have fun with your new shifter."

Interesting find, while I was doing basic checks today, all four spark plugs were loose.....so was the oil pan drain plug(2-3 exposed threads). I was a bit confused...then I find out he installed BFI race mounts. Not just a dog-bone mount...but ALL the mounts and all new hardware. The car vibrates like a ******* ***** attached to a car battery. Apparently there is a reason why you don't daily a car with solid race mounts, your **** falls apart and nearly drains your car of it's blood.

This amazing machine will also be running a brand new set of tires. What brand tires and compound you might ask? Well, I have no idea...and neither does he.

Yes. He bought random tires that are 225 wide because they said 225 on the website. Turns out they are Chinese and so hard that first gear is now completely useless once you get into boost. Not too bad, except this race will be in a parking lot and is very slow, maybe 40mph tops. Not fast enough to run the whole thing in 2nd.

I'm 99% sure that when I show up tomorrow that the car is still going to have tons of **** in it and be a complete mess with no real prep work done. Even though I drove to Key West today just to help him get ready.

Bright side: I live in America. I get to thrash this ******* car all day with out a second thought of showing it any form of compassion, and if it dies...I will not care.
Excellent. Everything went better than expected.




Just kidding. The shifting mechanism (fwd whatever it's called) is broke, thanks to me and the furious *** pounding I put on that car today.
viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #7910
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Frederick MD
Posts: 206
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperormiata View Post
Bright side: I live in America. I get to thrash this ******* car all day with out a second thought of showing it any form of compassion, and if it dies...I will not care.
I vote this as quote of the day. Also, bonus points are awarded for making good on killing the Veedub. The only thing that saddens me is that it was not killed permanently...
CPSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:56 PM   #7911
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 95
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
BTW I may or may not have posted something on the MT FB page....
No way!
Checking now..
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #7912
Boost Czar

iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,179
Total Cats: 1,402
Default

(zack morris's phone)

Im at the dentist. I just got numbed.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #7913
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (10)
 
Reverant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 5,327
Total Cats: 183
Default

Comfortably numb, I hope.
Reverant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #7914
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,637
Total Cats: 45
Default

I love when my dentist has a conversation with me while his hands are in my mouth.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #7915
Boost Czar

iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,179
Total Cats: 1,402
Default

right? thats always weak.

just had to get two old fillings replaced...they were about to fall out.


first time since I can remember where when the numbed me it actually was enough...i alwyas have to get two shots of it and only after they try to drill and it hurts like a mug.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #7916
Boost Czar

iTrader: (60)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 70,179
Total Cats: 1,402
Default



Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #7917
AFM Crusader
iTrader: (18)
 
olderguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wayne, NJ
Posts: 4,275
Total Cats: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
right? thats always weak.

just had to get two old fillings replaced...they were about to fall out.


first time since I can remember where when the numbed me it actually was enough...i alwyas have to get two shots of it and only after they try to drill and it hurts like a mug.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxSs9Zw4FEI
olderguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #7918
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,490
Total Cats: 373
Default

Just came across this quote from Alain Prost and found it amazing. He was just asked about making the adjustment to F1 cars after competing in the lower classes:

Quote:
As for power, it's marvelous because in F3 you always want to go faster. But even then, now even though it's thrusting terribly as you come out of the bends, as soon as you get the hang of things, you want it to give even more power. At any rate the more you've got, the more you want...
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #7919
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,637
Total Cats: 45
Default

Well I just finished the estimate for painting the building and came out with $7999.99 total. Includes labor/materials for a 6000sqft metal building. I'm not a painter so I don't know how far off I am from regular retail pricing, but I know its gotta be at least a couple grand cheaper.

Going to hand her the envelope today and give the full rundown. If all goes well I'll start working on it right away. This time I'm doing it solo. No more mixing friends and work like last time. lol
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #7920
Elite Member
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,190
Total Cats: 326
Default

Try not to punch any walls this time.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uconn Car Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 1 01-23-2016 10:17 PM
Uconn Car Show Sat, April 9th 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 7 04-11-2011 11:00 AM
Uconn Car Club Spring 2010 Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 92 04-12-2010 06:20 PM
anual uconn car show/meet 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 0 02-19-2008 10:03 PM


Tags
brain <3 me, brainy <3s hollywood, cancerous testicles, cuban caveman, furry barnacle, get fragged faeflora, joe p for prez, lyrical joe perez, not hit block, peter falk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 AM.