How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair - Page 548 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2012, 01:03 AM   #10941
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRT_Fun View Post
Thank you.
FTFY
And your welcome.
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #10942
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,480
Total Cats: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead_318 View Post
Open picture
Take screen shot
Save screen shot
Post screen shot
Profit
Um.

Why not just save the image, rename it, and then post it?
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:18 AM   #10943
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
Um.

Why not just save the image, rename it, and then post it?
Yeah, that would have been a little easier.
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:02 AM   #10944
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparetire View Post
Oh yeah, and on religious beliefs:

I really get a laugh at people who have absolute faith in their reasoning and observation while so readily pointing out how inadequate other people's logic is. As someone about to turn 30 who has looked back on his life and realized to some extent the absolute fucktardedness of his previous positions, I find this really funny. Good luck to you all.
I think anyone who has absolute faith or believes completely in anything is foolish. Just by default, our minds cannot allow us 100% certainty in anything we perceive around us. Minds are fragile, and are susceptible to falling for "trickery". I only believe what I believe because of overwhelming lack of evidence, or actually, complete lack of evidence on the side of there being a god, and to me what is common sense and simple reasoning. Any evidence anyone of faith could provide towards proving the existence of a god would be completely subjective and in no way proof of anything. It would simply be a faith based claim, which is NOT in any way shape or form evidence for anything. At least I have never in my life seen anything I would consider evidence, no matter how miraculous or awe inspiring something might be. Am I 100% sure there isn't a god? Well of course not. I'm also not 100% sure of anything, nor can I or anyone be. Like I said, nothing is certain.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:08 AM   #10945
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 18
Default

Tru dat. Maybe I'll start a philosophy thread tomorrow, you got me thinken'.
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:19 AM   #10946
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Please do. I can NEVER find people who actually want to discuss various philosophical topics. I enjoy the ---- out of some philosophical discussion. Nothing like getting those wheels turning in your mind and coming to new realizations and thinking of things you have never before thought of.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:43 AM   #10947
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Faeflora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,763
Total Cats: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
I think anyone who has absolute faith or believes completely in anything is foolish. Just by default, our minds cannot allow us 100% certainty in anything we perceive around us. Minds are fragile, and are susceptible to falling for "trickery". I only believe what I believe because of overwhelming lack of evidence, or actually, complete lack of evidence on the side of there being a god, and to me what is common sense and simple reasoning. Any evidence anyone of faith could provide towards proving the existence of a god would be completely subjective and in no way proof of anything. It would simply be a faith based claim, which is NOT in any way shape or form evidence for anything. At least I have never in my life seen anything I would consider evidence, no matter how miraculous or awe inspiring something might be. Am I 100% sure there isn't a god? Well of course not. I'm also not 100% sure of anything, nor can I or anyone be. Like I said, nothing is certain.
So. You have absolute belief that there are no absolutes?
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:45 AM   #10948
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Faeflora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,763
Total Cats: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead_318 View Post
When I made the religion thread I hoped people would say interesting stuff like that more often.
I disagree with you, but I will respect your opinion because I don't think your an idiot. Coincidentally, I'm an atheist who is pro life (only slightly, I don't really care that much to be frank). I support the gays and think they should be allowed in the military, after all, if I got shot up I'd rather have a gay dude then a chick near me to drag my busted a$$ to relative safety. Also, as far as the hole "matrix" thing goes, some theoretical physicists think there may be other dimensions where the outcomes of different events play out. I saw it in "Through the wormhole" with Morgan Freeman.

I thought you were a wiccan? Lost your faith already you adolescent fuc?

BTW Where are the real gay miata owners! There has to be at least one. He is probably in the marines too. Worshipping the green man or some bullshi.
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:45 AM   #10949
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Faeflora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,763
Total Cats: 115
Default

BTW Type O Negative ROXXX
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #10950
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 28
Default

Well you gays, it's time for me to head out for a few weeks. I may pop on here and there, but for the most part, I'm going to be gone - and sad that I'll miss TF2 shenanigans with some of you just as it started to take off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Please do. I can NEVER find people who actually want to discuss various philosophical topics. I enjoy the ---- out of some philosophical discussion. Nothing like getting those wheels turning in your mind and coming to new realizations and thinking of things you have never before thought of.
I hereby predict....thread closed just when the discussion gets good!
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #10951
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,292
Total Cats: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead_318 View Post
Thank you
Or just find it without the swears. But eve that isn't worth it.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #10952
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 18,765
Total Cats: 324
Default

major: mechanical engineering
minor: philosophy

(almost--school of engineering didnt RECONIZE so I didn't bother with the last required course for the minor since it wouldn't have shown up on my degree)

It's interesting to me how much overlap there is between the two. at least at a fundamental level. A lot of the early philosophers were mathemeticians.

Like Pythagoras and his Golden Thigh.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #10953
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeflora View Post
So. You have absolute belief that there are no absolutes?
I didn't say that. Just an observation.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #10954
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 3,354
Total Cats: 5
Default

Stock engines are IN this year.
turotufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #10955
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Round Pond, ME
Posts: 669
Total Cats: 15
Default

Slow is hip?

This is not good news. To me, at least.
xturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #10956
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeflora View Post
I thought you were a wiccan? Lost your faith already you adolescent fuc?

BTW Where are the real gay miata owners! There has to be at least one. He is probably in the marines too. Worshipping the green man or some bullshi.
Not going to fall for your trolling sweetheart.

If I said anything about being wiccan or anything like that I was kidding, I haven't believed in anything since I stopped believing in the judeo-christian version of god.
Don't you worship animals or some dumb pseudo witchcraft junk? Maybe you'll stop that and start worshiping boost.
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #10957
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Faeflora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,763
Total Cats: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead_318 View Post
Not going to fall for your trolling sweetheart.

If I said anything about being wiccan or anything like that I was kidding, I haven't believed in anything since I stopped believing in the judeo-christian version of god.
Don't you worship animals or some dumb pseudo witchcraft junk? Maybe you'll stop that and start worshiping boost.
If one show's one's religion with their wallet then I do indeed have some reverence for boost.

And yes, my pope is indeed the founder of PETA.
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #10958
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,669
Total Cats: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead_318 View Post
When I made the religion thread I hoped people would say interesting stuff like that more often.
I disagree with you, but I will respect your opinion because I don't think your an idiot.
Carefull. I make much less than I did when I was 24 and mangle crappy rifle stocks in my spare time. I may in fact be a complete moron.
Sparetire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:53 AM   #10959
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -28
Default

move nugget discussion to gun thread so I can give you tips and advice on refinishing
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #10960
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Anyone have an ASUS G74 laptop? If so, what is your opinion of it? I need a large laptop for the road for watching movies, gaming and general web browsing and **** watching. Seems to fit the bill, at the right price.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uconn Car Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 1 01-23-2016 10:17 PM
Uconn Car Show Sat, April 9th 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 7 04-11-2011 11:00 AM
Uconn Car Club Spring 2010 Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 92 04-12-2010 06:20 PM
anual uconn car show/meet 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 0 02-19-2008 10:03 PM


Tags
brain <3 me, brainy <3s hollywood, cancerous testicles, cuban caveman, furry barnacle, get fragged faeflora, joe p for prez, lyrical joe perez, not hit block, peter falk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 PM.