If FEMA had the bicycles, would it fund Hustler's manlet bib? - Page 43 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2014, 02:04 AM   #841
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
Oh yeah, you'll think something is broken. The longer and higher your training, the quicker you gain it back. For those that had just begun riding, it takes longer to get back to the same level. Weird thing about cycling, your body undergoes a profound transformation and adaption yet you look only a little different. One common reference point is your resting heart rate and recovery rate.

When relaxed, your average sedentary 30yo male has a resting HR of something like 70bpm. An occasional cyclist maybe 50bpm. A frequent recreation cyclist that does high intensity training rides 30-40bpm. My lowest resting HR back in the day was usually 32bpm. I could walk around for 10 minutes, sit down and be at 32bpm within one minute. Now my resting is a sad 55bpm and it takes a while to get back after moving around. I need to ride more obviously.

When you are less fit, it takes a while to recover. Walk up a flight of stairs at normal speed and your HR might take 10 minutes to drop to resting. Jog for 5 minutes and it takes an hour.
Awesome. I've been doing 2-3 hours on exercise bikes, 4-6 days per week and working on hard intervals to simulate climbing. I want to come back strong, hunt, and kill men.

My goal over the winter before the crash was to start finishing with two "A" groups, instead of just pulling with B; hopefully I can still do that in 2014.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #842
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,675
Total Cats: 1,573
Default

So following up on the Swisstop pads...

Haven't had a chance to test them in the wet yet, but in the bitter cold, they're doing well. Slightly grippier than stock (and loads better than the Grey Matter.) Noisy as all hell right now, though I didn't bother toeing them in as Emilio suggested, I just threw 'em on straight. I'll try adjusting that tonight.

The ride this morning didn't feel quite as arduous, though a lot of that is probably the warmer weather- we're up to 11 this morning.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #843
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,857
Total Cats: -4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
So following up on the Swisstop pads...

Haven't had a chance to test them in the wet yet, but in the bitter cold, they're doing well. Slightly grippier than stock (and loads better than the Grey Matter.) Noisy as all hell right now, though I didn't bother toeing them in as Emilio suggested, I just threw 'em on straight. I'll try adjusting that tonight.

The ride this morning didn't feel quite as arduous, though a lot of that is probably the warmer weather- we're up to 11 this morning.

Silicon Valley must seem not so bad right about meow?
Efini~FC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #844
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Fixed my bars finally today since they were bent. Now, just 3-4 more months of waiting to ride outside. My right arm and hard are getting stronger but there are still extreme mobility issues. FML
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:45 AM   #845
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 611
Total Cats: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Fixed my bars finally today since they were bent. Now, just 3-4 more months of waiting to ride outside. My right arm and hard are getting stronger but there are still extreme mobility issues. FML


dang- that seems like a long recovery period... I broke my arm last year, got surgery and was road riding within two months. My break wasn't nearly as bad as yours though. You keep the pins/plates right?

Hang in there. being injured sucks, but once you get back to normal, normal feels awesome.
dcamp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:50 AM   #846
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,675
Total Cats: 1,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcamp2 View Post
once you get back to normal, normal feels awesome.
Amen to that.

Fortunately, I'm getting back into the swing of things fairly quickly. I was really kind of freaked out on Tuesday when I got back onto a bike for the first time in several weeks and felt like death warmed over at the end of my usual commute, but I'm coming back up to speed rather easily.

(The fact that the weather is now back up into the double digits probably is helping as well.)
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:51 AM   #847
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Leafy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: woosta, ma
Posts: 8,610
Total Cats: 91
Default

For hussy sake I hope he keeps the pins. My dad broke his wrist bad once and they took the pins out. One was stuck really bad and the novacane wore off and they shoulder on trying to take it out. My mom freaked when the doctor came out covered in blood head to toe. I mean it was just supposed to be a simple outpatient small cut and yank with pliers job that turned into a bit of a battle of wills.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #848
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcamp2 View Post
dang- that seems like a long recovery period... I broke my arm last year, got surgery and was road riding within two months. My break wasn't nearly as bad as yours though. You keep the pins/plates right?

Hang in there. being injured sucks, but once you get back to normal, normal feels awesome.
I get that all the time, "It's just a broken arm, stop faking/complaining/being weak." I think it's exceptionally bad because there was so much soft tissue damage. My index finger and thumb are still not working properly, when I touch the incision points (rubbing cream on scars) it makes my arm and fingers burn and the never flip and the fingers move, I have about 90* of rotation on my wrist, and I just recently gained enough strength to start the car with my right hand. I don't know why my recovery is so long, but it's real.

All the new metal stays unless there's a problem. I don't want any more surgery, I can't afford it.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:31 PM   #849
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
For hussy sake I hope he keeps the pins. My dad broke his wrist bad once and they took the pins out. One was stuck really bad and the novacane wore off and they shoulder on trying to take it out. My mom freaked when the doctor came out covered in blood head to toe. I mean it was just supposed to be a simple outpatient small cut and yank with pliers job that turned into a bit of a battle of wills.
Is it strange that I think I have a memory of looking at my arm, opened-up, on the table during surgery? Is that even possible?
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #850
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,675
Total Cats: 1,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Is it strange that I think I have a memory of looking at my arm, opened-up, on the table during surgery? Is that even possible?
Did you look at your arm, opened-up, while on the table during surgery?

If so, then it's possible to have a memory of it.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #851
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Did you look at your arm, opened-up, while on the table during surgery?

If so, then it's possible to have a memory of it.
I don't think so, but I hear some strange **** about anesthesia.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #852
Elite Member
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,187
Total Cats: 325
Default

Nah, that's normal. The drugs mess with your mind.

Wife always wakes up crying her eyes out; freaks out the nurses.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:55 PM   #853
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 611
Total Cats: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
I get that all the time, "It's just a broken arm, stop faking/complaining/being weak." I think it's exceptionally bad because there was so much soft tissue damage. My index finger and thumb are still not working properly, when I touch the incision points (rubbing cream on scars) it makes my arm and fingers burn and the never flip and the fingers move, I have about 90* of rotation on my wrist, and I just recently gained enough strength to start the car with my right hand. I don't know why my recovery is so long, but it's real.

All the new metal stays unless there's a problem. I don't want any more surgery, I can't afford it.

Sucks... breaking both bones that bad is not 'just a broken arm'. lol

I'm in the same boat with the pins/plates... i have some in my elbow, and most of the time it's fine, but sometimes i'll pick something up weird and have shooting pain in my arm right at the pins. I've also had pins taken out of my hand, but they were put in with the understanding that they needed to be taken out later.


I tried to do local anethesia with my arm surgery, but eventually they knocked me out completely. I guess i was joking around with the doctors alot. They pulled a piece of bone out of my arm and showed it to me. freaky.


Here is me tripping *****:
Attached Thumbnails
If FEMA had the bicycles, would it fund Hustler's manlet bib?-img_0573.jpg  
dcamp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #854
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,486
Total Cats: 373
Default

Screw you guys, I have multiple titanium plates in my head.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #855
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcamp2 View Post
Sucks... breaking both bones that bad is not 'just a broken arm'. lol

I'm in the same boat with the pins/plates... i have some in my elbow, and most of the time it's fine, but sometimes i'll pick something up weird and have shooting pain in my arm right at the pins. I've also had pins taken out of my hand, but they were put in with the understanding that they needed to be taken out later.


I tried to do local anethesia with my arm surgery, but eventually they knocked me out completely. I guess i was joking around with the doctors alot. They pulled a piece of bone out of my arm and showed it to me. freaky.


Here is me tripping *****:
That looks terrible, lol.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #856
Elite Member
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,187
Total Cats: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
Screw you guys, I have multiple titanium plates in my head.
When you get near the microwave, do you **** your pants and forget who you are?
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:38 PM   #857
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,486
Total Cats: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleete View Post
When you get near the microwave, do you **** your pants and forget who you are?
Sometimes I wake up with blood on my shirt and no memory of the previous 8 hours.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:52 AM   #858
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,015
Total Cats: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
Sometimes I wake up with blood on my shirt and no memory of the previous 8 hours.
That's just a normal night in the south, right?
z31maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:22 AM   #859
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,675
Total Cats: 1,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcamp2 View Post
I tried to do local anethesia with my arm surgery, but eventually they knocked me out completely. I guess i was joking around with the doctors alot. They pulled a piece of bone out of my arm and showed it to me. freaky.


Here is me tripping *****:
See, I think that would be kind of cool. Even better if I could actually watch the operation directly, perhaps via a mirror. I'm sure that the surgeon would absolutely hate it, but how often do you get the opportunity to see inside yourself in real-time?
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:46 PM   #860
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Team Sky is clearly out of money...aluminium wheels and Stages power meter:
Attached Thumbnails
If FEMA had the bicycles, would it fund Hustler's manlet bib?-mee6zjs.jpg  
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Generation Wuss sixshooter Current Events, News, Politics 650 Yesterday 07:00 PM
New (4) 15x9 Gen 4 Tungsten 6UL's and (8) Black Alloy 949Racing Valve Stems $750 TurboTim Miata parts for sale/trade 4 10-05-2016 05:00 PM
15 Months & Counting - '92 Mariner Blue 1.8 Turbo Build OGWar Build Threads 53 09-14-2016 12:32 PM
WTB- 1.6L Jackson Racing Header Cxracer WTB 7 05-01-2016 10:40 AM


Tags
'gnolo > *, 3k bicycle 2k miata, beer hand up, carbonlust, crossbike > *, douche pedestrians, fenders, fit assholes, prostate cancer, sur la plaque, virgin engineers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:42 AM.