If FEMA had the bicycles, would it fund Hustler's manlet bib? - Page 6 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #101
A living god
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 5,934
Total Cats: 222
Default

viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #102
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,540
Total Cats: 840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
zOMG. You are a man. Any tips for getting my pace up other than to aim for a .1 increase in average speed daily?
Basic advice

1. Train hard
2. Train specific
3. Train no harder than you can recover from


1- That means becoming friends with pain. When you're having a decent day on the bike, dig deep for short periods. When you think there isn't anything left coming over the crest of a hill and you're in oxygen debt, grab another gear and stand up.

2- Your training should match your goals. Getting drop on the short steep dirt climbs in the saddle when you need 350 watts for 1 minute? Don't train at 150 watts for 3 hours on flat ground.

3- The body only gets stronger when it adapts to stress. If you train hard then don't recover well, back off. Work as diligently on your recovery skills as you do on pushing yourself in training. Old saying by a famous cycling coach.

Never stand when you can sit
Never sit when you can lay down

Best rest is sleep or at least lounge with feet a little elevated. Lots of water 24/7.

Easiest way to get fast on a bike is to lose weight. A grand tour champion that's 5-10" might weigh 155lbs and be 2.5% body fat. That means cutting out empty calories, fewer beers and basically being OK with being mildly hungry more often.
emilio700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #103
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,662
Total Cats: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
Basic advice

1. Train hard
2. Train specific
3. Train no harder than you can recover from


1- That means becoming friends with pain. When you're having a decent day on the bike, dig deep for short periods. When you think there isn't anything left coming over the crest of a hill and you're in oxygen debt, grab another gear and stand up.

2- Your training should match your goals. Getting drop on the short steep dirt climbs in the saddle when you need 350 watts for 1 minute? Don't train at 150 watts for 3 hours on flat ground.

3- The body only gets stronger when it adapts to stress. If you train hard then don't recover well, back off. Work as diligently on your recovery skills as you do on pushing yourself in training. Old saying by a famous cycling coach.

Never stand when you can sit
Never sit when you can lay down

Best rest is sleep or at least lounge with feet a little elevated. Lots of water 24/7.

Easiest way to get fast on a bike is to lose weight. A grand tour champion that's 5-10" might weigh 155lbs and be 2.5% body fat. That means cutting out empty calories, fewer beers and basically being OK with being mildly hungry more often.
THIS is why I never wanted to race. I love biking so much, but you really have to be dedicated to compete at all. I always push myself when I ride, and I try to ride often - and that alone is enough to constantly improve and get more fit. However if you want to compete the advice above is the only way.

Also: high altitude training.
Fireindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #104
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 359
Total Cats: -2
Default

Yesterday, I raced for a total of 115 minutes and had a 30 min warmup. Thats 145 minutes and my Garmin said 70 miles.

Racing is fun, nothing else like it.
3rdCarMX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #105
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,490
Total Cats: 373
Default

This frame is too big for me, but I'm tempted to buy it just to strip the parts and sell the frame on eBay.

Schwinn Peloton road bike.
mgeoffriau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #106
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,046
Total Cats: 103
Default

To much roadhomo in this thread. Need more man bikes.

This bike kicks Hustlers *** up and down the trail every weekend.



Attached Thumbnails
If FEMA had the bicycles, would it fund Hustler's manlet bib?-2u5xopl.jpg   If FEMA had the bicycles, would it fund Hustler's manlet bib?-blwg4.jpg  
jeff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #107
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Jeff has retard strength.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #108
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
This frame is too big for me, but I'm tempted to buy it just to strip the parts and sell the frame on eBay.

Schwinn Peloton road bike.
That's not an awful bike for $400.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #109
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,490
Total Cats: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
That's not an awful bike for $400.
853 and STI Ultegra. If it were a 55cm frame I'd make an offer immediately. I just don't know if I want to bother stripping the parts off.
mgeoffriau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #110
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,662
Total Cats: 227
Default

Jeff, really digging that hardtail! Single ring up front too. A bit too long of a stem for the kind of riding I like to do, but for XC and climbing i'm sure it tracks great.
Fireindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #111
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,046
Total Cats: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireindc View Post
Jeff, really digging that hardtail! Single ring up front too. A bit too long of a stem for the kind of riding I like to do, but for XC and climbing i'm sure it tracks great.
I'm riding it the way it came other then the fork. Switched that out when I relized I was having to slow down way to much on the bumpy stuff. Got a hell of a deal on a recon gold to. Need some big side **** up front, that is my next buy.

Sir hustler is just jelly of my ride skills with only 1.75 legs. He is buying clips to try and keep up. I'm sticking to flat peddles till I can find a Dr that can make me a brace that works with clips.
jeff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:05 AM   #112
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
Sir hustler is just jelly of my ride skills with only 1.75 legs. He is buying clips to try and keep up.
You also did the BMX thing for years and I've been out on the MTB roughly 10x in my life at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
I'm sticking to flat peddles till I can find a Dr that can make me a brace that works with clips.
Attached Thumbnails
If FEMA had the bicycles, would it fund Hustler's manlet bib?-tentacle1.jpg  
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #113
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

This is for sale locally, it's my size, and I have enough to cover it from my turbo sale:


I am not buying it.
Attached Thumbnails
If FEMA had the bicycles, would it fund Hustler's manlet bib?-8662777503_c204511358_b.jpg   If FEMA had the bicycles, would it fund Hustler's manlet bib?-8662779191_eeaeb0831e_b.jpg  
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:07 AM   #114
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,270
Total Cats: 32
Default

Emilio, any chance we will see Quarq power meters for sale at 949 Racing?
timk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #115
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

I'd buy a 949 jersey...and a power meter. Can you get a power meter for a 105 crank or must it be Dura-Ace or SRAM?
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #116
Cpt. Slow
iTrader: (24)
 
curly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 11,637
Total Cats: 463
Default

Speaking of Surly...

Attached Thumbnails
If FEMA had the bicycles, would it fund Hustler's manlet bib?-surly-moonlander-bike.jpg  
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #117
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,174
Total Cats: 116
Default

I would ride that bike.
Ryan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #118
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
miata2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dover, FL
Posts: 2,669
Total Cats: 83
Default

That looks like a sugar sand special.
miata2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #119
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,270
Total Cats: 32
Default

Hustler, usually you swap out the whole crank and BB with a SRAM one.
timk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:20 PM   #120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: chicago
Posts: 622
Total Cats: -30
Default

I just sold my beloved trek T1 track bike today. need more cash for miata mods....
psreynol is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Generation Wuss sixshooter Current Events, News, Politics 656 Yesterday 12:24 PM
New (4) 15x9 Gen 4 Tungsten 6UL's and (8) Black Alloy 949Racing Valve Stems $750 TurboTim Miata parts for sale/trade 4 10-05-2016 05:00 PM
15 Months & Counting - '92 Mariner Blue 1.8 Turbo Build OGWar Build Threads 53 09-14-2016 12:32 PM
WTB- 1.6L Jackson Racing Header Cxracer WTB 7 05-01-2016 10:40 AM


Tags
'gnolo > *, 3k bicycle 2k miata, beer hand up, carbonlust, crossbike > *, douche pedestrians, fenders, fit assholes, prostate cancer, sur la plaque, virgin engineers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 PM.