Originally Posted by dpexp
Did somebody buy Gramps a new chair ? or does he have to sit on the couch now ?
Yeah, we got him one of those "hold the button so it raises you to the point you are almost standing" chairs. I didn't think he would ever use it because these are really simple people. They live way out in the boondocks of WV and time has really left them behind. Some examples of how they are?
- never used a cell phone
- never ate pizza
- never ate a hamburger
- last movie seen was Funny Farm with Chevy Chase
- last car was a Gremlin
- didn't cash (submit) for the $600 Bush tax stimulus because "that is welfare"
- never sent/seen an email or computer
- grandpa had two strokes and never saw a doctor, just laid in bed for 6 months
- can't see but won't wear glasses
- eats sausage/bacon every meal (won't eat chicken or beef)
- live off $18,000 combined social security and have saved up enough money
to have a couple hundred thousand in the bank since retirement
- has not seen a doctor since retirement (not sure how much longer before that) and has not used a penny of medicare ever (30 years)