The Random Pictures Thread. Only Rule: Post here more and entertain me. - Page 228 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2011, 01:54 AM   #4541
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead_318 View Post
KLX250SF. I want one bad, maybe after boot camp I'll reward myslef.
You too, huh? I started craving a DRZ, but then had my heart crushes when I found out they no longer sell them in the US. Then I thought about a WR250X, but they are a bit on the pricey side. THEN I moved on to the KLX250SF, and I am truly in love. I haven't even gotten mine yet and I already have mods laid out in order. I'm going to save up my fun money for a month for a bit of a down payment, and give a dealer just north of Atlanta a call in maybe a month, and see about financing. Can't find any local just browsing, but I will be calling local dealers to see if they can get me one shipped in. I WILL have this ******* bike. First mod will be a full Muzzy exhaust and upgraded headlight bulb, since I'm a bit of a light addict.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:02 AM   #4542
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
You too, huh? I started craving a DRZ, but then had my heart crushes when I found out they no longer sell them in the US. Then I thought about a WR250X, but they are a bit on the pricey side. THEN I moved on to the KLX250SF, and I am truly in love. I haven't even gotten mine yet and I already have mods laid out in order. I'm going to save up my fun money for a month for a bit of a down payment, and give a dealer just north of Atlanta a call in maybe a month, and see about financing. Can't find any local just browsing, but I will be calling local dealers to see if they can get me one shipped in. I WILL have this ******* bike. First mod will be a full Muzzy exhaust and upgraded headlight bulb, since I'm a bit of a light addict.
I found a DRZ400SM for $3,999 and a WR250S for $3,000, both on CL. I find that people use a verity of key words for the same bike and CL doesn't really pick up on it (like spaces in names n' such)
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:25 AM   #4543
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -28
Default

$3,999? lol, why not just say FO' STACKS?
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:38 AM   #4544
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
$3,999? lol, why not just say FO' STACKS?
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:26 AM   #4545
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -28
Default

pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #4546
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead_318 View Post
I found a DRZ400SM for $3,999 and a WR250S for $3,000, both on CL. I find that people use a verity of key words for the same bike and CL doesn't really pick up on it (like spaces in names n' such)
Alabama is a high pressure area, nothing cool ever floats into this state. If you want anything good car or bike related, you have to go out of state most of the time. I can't even find a dealer in the state that even claims to carry the 250SF, except for in Mobile, which is twice as far from me as Atlanta. DRZ seems to be no existent in the southeast. I'll just have to pick it up in Atlanta.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #4547
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wahiawa, HI
Posts: 237
Total Cats: -3
Default

x808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #4548
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 12,215
Total Cats: 750
Default



Last edited by shuiend; 09-28-2011 at 03:55 PM.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #4549
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
WIN!!



Sorry the pictures aren't better quality, I was driving 75mph at the time...




I-70 East to I-435 North clover was an overturned semi tractor and trailer. The ramp was completely closed down, shortly after seeing this I heard on a local news radio program there was "some debris on the roadway at I-70&I-435 ramp otherwise clear.." Debris on the roadway? Well, I guess technically the truck and trailer weren't on the road anylonger..
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #4550
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 1,367
Total Cats: 16
Default

We had a truck roll over on the beltway here last year. Trailer was full of Sam Adams, kegs & cases. Truck driver was killed.


We had another truck overturn on the beltway back in 2008, on the ramp to I-66. That one was loaded with Bud Light, cases strewn all down the embankment.
ScottFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #4551
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFW View Post
We had a truck roll over on the beltway here last year. Trailer was full of Sam Adams, kegs & cases. Truck driver was killed.


We had another truck overturn on the beltway back in 2008, on the ramp to I-66. That one was loaded with Bud Light, cases strewn all down the embankment.
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Sucks to hear the driver didn't make it though.. No idea on the rollover I saw.


Quote:

Christie Walton, Interactive Content Producer
2:59 p.m. CDT, September 28, 2011

KANSAS CITY, Kan.
The Kansas Highway Patrol has shut down a highway ramp in western Wyandotte County where a pizza truck has overturned. The accident happened on Wednesday afternoon around 2 p.m. The ramp from I-70 eastbound to 435 northbound while crews clean up the pizza. No word on any injuries.
Only picture I can find on news sites is shitty..





Quote:


KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -
Airick West will likely be voted back in as school board president Wednesday.

According to the acting board president Derek Richey, the votes have not been tallied yet, but the outcome looks like West has reclaimed the votes he needs to return as Kansas City School Board president.

The Kansas City School Board is expected to take nominations and vote on a permanent school board president Wednesday.

Back in August, West resigned as president during an emergency board meeting shortly after being blamed for Superintendent John Covington's sudden resignation.

Covington later revealed he had actually taken a new job in Detroit.

Then earlier this month on Facebook, West began his argument that he should be school board president again.
The Kansas City Missouri school district just lost their Accreditation (Again) effective Jan 01 2012 and we're going to re-elect the President of the School Board, a guy with corn rolls in his hair?
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #4552
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 505
Total Cats: 0
Default

Yea because it matters what the guy's hair looks like.
scottyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:11 PM   #4553
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyd View Post
Yea because it matters what the guy's hair looks like.
The guy does not look or act professional in ANY stretch of the imagination. I've no idea how the **** he managed to get elected president of school board in the first place, and I can't believe anyone is considering reelecting him... Especially after losing their accreditation AGAIN..












elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #4554
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default





















elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #4555
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default















elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #4556
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,681
Total Cats: 1,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyd View Post
Yea because it matters what the guy's hair looks like.
It kind of does, actually.

All else being equal, the way a person dresses, speaks, grooms themselves, etc., does in fact reveal a great deal about their personality, and one's personality is influenced by one's values, intellect, and outlook on life.

For instance, imagine that you see a man a few day's stubble, unkempt greasy hair, and a light-blue shirt covered with stains and an embroidered patch that says "Bud." All else being equal, I must trust this person to mow my lawn, but it is highly unlikely that I would choose him to represent me in a criminal trial.




... and it's official. William Shatner has lost his ******* mind.




Also, I swear that this is a completely random picture:

Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #4557
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manassas, Virginia
Posts: 1,243
Total Cats: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
mx5autoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #4558
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
It kind of does, actually.

All else being equal, the way a person dresses, speaks, grooms themselves, etc., does in fact reveal a great deal about their personality, and one's personality is influenced by one's values, intellect, and outlook on life.

For instance, imagine that you see a man a few day's stubble, unkempt greasy hair, and a light-blue shirt covered with stains and an embroidered patch that says "Bud." All else being equal, I must trust this person to mow my lawn, but it is highly unlikely that I would choose him to represent me in a criminal trial.
That's absolutely my point and I'm glad an intelligent person as yourself backs my point. I took a "field trip" through my company's call center yesterday to research an issue one of their management reported to me and found a guy assaulting the vending machine covered in tats. Something on his forearm caught my eye which sparked a conversation about both of his full sleeves and everything else. The guy didn't seem super bright (for ***** sake, hes taking incoming customer service calls for 10$ an hour in a call center, he doesn't exactly have a PhD in anything..) but also didn't appear to be a complete tool until he removed the beanie from his head. Tattooed on the back of his head is "**** YOU" in red and black.. This guy could be a rocket scientist but nobody is going to EVER take him seriously for the choices his behavior has caused him to make.

My comment about the school board president having corn rolls had nothing to do with the fact hes black, though I'm sure that was the first comment someone would make. It has everything to do with exactly what Joe stated in regard to his attitude and behavior.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mx5autoxer View Post

I'm still laughing my *** off!!
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:10 AM   #4559
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manassas, Virginia
Posts: 1,243
Total Cats: 53
Default

mx5autoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:16 AM   #4560
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Something on his forearm caught my eye which sparked a conversation about both of his full sleeves and everything else. The guy didn't seem super bright (for ***** sake, hes taking incoming customer service calls for 10$ an hour in a call center, he doesn't exactly have a PhD in anything..) but also didn't appear to be a complete tool until he removed the beanie from his head. Tattooed on the back of his head is "**** YOU" in red and black.. This guy could be a rocket scientist but nobody is going to EVER take him seriously for the choices his behavior has caused him to make.
Exactly. If he where a smart guy he wouldn't have done such a dumb thing.
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 53 12-07-2016 05:52 PM
1991 special edition with hard top full part out JC, NJ russian Miata parts for sale/trade 6 10-08-2015 04:01 PM
wiring wideband ground to battery terminal btabor ECUs and Tuning 10 09-28-2015 06:33 PM


Tags
bbbjtcws, fap damage critical, fapanoidus, fapanomanon, furious fap damage, joe perez, mlp porn, mods' asleep; post ponies, pirate treasure, redhead fine art, wetwork, where's my pants

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 AM.