The Random Pictures Thread. Only Rule: Post here more and entertain me. - Page 452 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #9021
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,662
Total Cats: 1,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
ftfy

USAF did that shti over 50 years ago



EDIT: Ah, I see your little stealth edit, there.
Attached Thumbnails
The Random Pictures Thread. Only Rule: Post here more and entertain me.-lvbgi.png  
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #9022
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,044
Total Cats: 178
Default

Still looking for a source - could swear I read somewhere that he broke the sound barrier, albeit very briefly - maybe I heard it on a documentary or something...since the tele-screen never lies, right?
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #9023
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,637
Total Cats: 45
Default



They say he fell at the speed of sound, but with no air around him it was a silent fall.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #9024
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,870
Total Cats: 483
Default

triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #9025
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 18,766
Total Cats: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
This summer, he will be plummeting from a height of 120,000 feet
oh he is the baum alright.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #9026
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,870
Total Cats: 483
Default

http://now.msn.com/now/0316-tourists-gps-water.aspx

Click on the link but if they delete it text says:

Your gut instincts should take over when GPS tells you to drive to an island not connected to land by a bridge. The Brisbane Times reports that a trio of Japanese sightseers on a day trip to North Stradbroke Island believed their rental car's GPS system could direct them there despite the nine miles of water and mud separating the island from the mainland. Driver Yuzu Noda said the GPS system "told us we could drive down there," but after driving a full quarter of a mile, the three found themselves stuck in the mud and facing an incoming tide. All three were safe and - though this is probably being generous - all the wiser.
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #9027
Elite Member
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 2,383
Total Cats: 22
Default

rharris19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #9028
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,870
Total Cats: 483
Default

WTF am i watching?

triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #9029
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Leave it to Red Bull...


I seriously wonder where the eff the get the money to sponsor the ---- they do. Guy across the street from me is fully sponsored crotch rocket stunt exhibitionist and Dirt Racer. They've got a Van and the damn Mini Cooper to drive every day. Anytime I'm at an event there's always one of those red bull vehicles giving out free cans of their gross energy drink. Do they really sell that much that they can give away so much?

elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:53 AM   #9030
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,044
Total Cats: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Leave it to Red Bull...


I seriously wonder where the eff the get the money to sponsor the ---- they do. Guy across the street from me is fully sponsored crotch rocket stunt exhibitionist and Dirt Racer. They've got a Van and the damn Mini Cooper to drive every day. Anytime I'm at an event there's always one of those red bull vehicles giving out free cans of their gross energy drink. Do they really sell that much that they can give away so much?
Have you ever seen the price on a can of red bull?

Yes, they are moneybags.
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #9031
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
Have you ever seen the price on a can of red bull?

Yes, they are moneybags.
Honestly, no. I've seen the price of Jagerbombs... Three of those could buy an ENTIRE Bottle of Jager........
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #9032
A living god
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 5,933
Total Cats: 222
Default

So -----ing boss
viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:20 AM   #9033
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Honestly, no. I've seen the price of Jagerbombs... Three of those could buy an ENTIRE Bottle of Jager........
Redbull is expensive and tastes like bananas, bubble gum, and something terrible. I like green monster better.
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:24 AM   #9034
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Found my winter project.



Basically this, minus the supercharger. Can build a fully forged balanced shortblock 408 for $2100. Fuel mileage really sucks in the truck anyway so why not make it fun to drive?
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #9035
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 1,817
Total Cats: 270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Do they really sell that much that they can give away so much?
I am wiling to bet the redbull can is more expensive to make than the product itself.

It is mostly water, isn't it?

On a related note, a friend of mine used to manage a brewpub. They were selling their wildly popular beers at $5 pint. He once told me his cost on a pint of their beer was right around 24 cents. That was back in 2003, but the cost - price ratio is still the same.
Non alcoholic beverages are even cheaper to make.
Godless Commie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #9036
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,044
Total Cats: 178
Default

Come to think of it, I think the biggest sponsors out there are drink manufacturers...

Pepsi
Coke
Red Bull
Monster

...

...

...

Budweiser
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #9037
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godless Commie View Post
I am wiling to bet the redbull can is more expensive to make than the product itself.

It is mostly water, isn't it?

On a related note, a friend of mine used to manage a brewpub. They were selling their wildly popular beers at $5 pint. He once told me his cost on a pint of their beer was right around 24 cents. That was back in 2003, but the cost - price ratio is still the same.
Non alcoholic beverages are even cheaper to make.

That's why I don't go to bars or drink at sporting events. Last time we bought a keg from a local store it was $74 + deposit and contains roughly 140 12 oz beers. Sporting events for example I've seen charge $10 for that 12oz glass which makes a rough profit of over $1200 per keg!

Beer is mostly water, too. Does go through a little more processing than **** water energy drinks though, I get that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
Come to think of it, I think the biggest sponsors out there are drink manufacturers...

Pepsi
Coke
Red Bull
Monster

...

...

...

Budweiser
Good point..
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #9038
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Found my winter project.



Basically this, minus the supercharger. Can build a fully forged balanced shortblock 408 for $2100. Fuel mileage really sucks in the truck anyway so why not make it fun to drive?
The 408 is a bored/stroked 360 right? Or is it a 318?
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #9039
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,662
Total Cats: 1,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Beer is mostly water, too. Does go through a little more processing than **** water energy drinks though, I get that.
Fewer ingredients, though. (And I'm not just talking about the Reinheitsgebot. Fuсking know-it-all Bavarians...)
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #9040
Senior Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oakdale, CA
Posts: 1,332
Total Cats: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post


They say he fell at the speed of sound, but with no air around him it was a silent fall.
I wonder why the guy was flipping him off at 6:02...
RyanRaduechel is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 52 08-28-2016 05:18 AM
1991 special edition with hard top full part out JC, NJ russian Miata parts for sale/trade 6 10-08-2015 04:01 PM
wiring wideband ground to battery terminal btabor ECUs and Tuning 10 09-28-2015 06:33 PM


Tags
bbbjtcws, fap damage critical, fapanoidus, fapanomanon, furious fap damage, joe perez, mlp porn, mods' asleep; post ponies, pirate treasure, redhead fine art, wetwork, where's my pants

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 AM.