"The Armor Chip kit contains:
2 gallons of part A epoxy & 1 gal part B epoxy
8 LBS OF COLORED CHIPS. Colors are as follows:
Gray & Lt Gray kits have white, black and light blue chips.
Dk Gray has black, white and primary blue chips.
Beige kit has black, white and brown chips.
Beige Plus(12lbs of chips total) has black, white, brown, chocolate and clay chips.
Red kit comes with additional primer material for proper color coverage and has black, white and tan chips.
Kahki Tan kit has 10lbs of brown, buff and ivory chips.
Harley Tan kit has 10lbs of brown, clay, chocolate, white and black chips.
Harley Tan Light kit has 10lbs of clay, buff, chocolate, white and black chips.
Blue kit has black, white and gray chips.
Racing Blue kit has black, white, gray and rustic red chips.
Harley Gray has Light Gray epoxy with 10 lbs. of dk gray, medium gray, black and white chips.
Desert Tan and Sandlewood are the same color and has burgundy, white, navy, clay and chocolate chips.
If you are ordering the White kit, it comes with additional primer for proper color coverage and please specify up to 4 chip colors in the comment box at bottom of checkout page. Note: You can select up to any 4 chip colors you want with any epoxy kit, simply select base color you want ie: Tan, Gray etc and then just indicate the chip colors you would prefer in the comment box at checkout.
Two coats of crystal clear urethane fortified protective topcoat.For Fork Lift traffic or other heavy duty usage choose the single coat Fork Lift Duty Topcoat Option.
Cut in brush
Mixing sticks to mix individual cans.
1-unit of non skid additive for areas where additional traction is desired. Won't affect high gloss finish!
1-notched squeegee for spreading epoxy
3-9" epoxy roller covers (1 for epoxy & 2 for topcoats)
1-paddle mixer to mix combined epoxy parts A & B.
Clear and Easy to follow detailed written instructions"
"COMPLETE AND EASY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS
Our unique system is easy to apply and can be installed by anyone who can paint with a roller. Its simple and easy!
1.Clean/wash the floor well (power washing is preferred but not required)to remove all dirt, loose paint and residues. If your floor was previously coated with an inferior epoxy that has failed or is beginning to fail please refer to these set of images on how to properly redo your floor with Armor Chip. HOW TO COAT OVER AN EXISTING EPOXY. Please note that if a major percentage of the floor is peeling or flaking off it means that its only a matter of time before the entire floor fails and it's best to completely remove the coating.
Apply epoxy in temperature range of 45-95 degrees. Do not apply if raining.
2. Mix our supplied environmentally safe floor etching solution with water per packaged instructions. Apply and scrub in well with a stiff shop broom, let stand for 10 minutes then rinse thoroughly. Let dry 24-48 hrs to be sure concrete is completely dry. For best results floor must be completely clean, dry and have a slightly rough feel to it. A second etching may be necessary for new floors due to large amounts of curing residues at the surface or older floors that are extra dirty. See our Acid Safe Etching Kit for additional etchings. If using the Acid Safe Etching Kit prior to rinsing acid off sprinkle 2 boxes of the supplied TSP over the floor, brush in to neutralize the floor and then rinse thoroughly.
3. Mix the contents of each individual can of the two part epoxy and then mix the two parts together at a 2 parts A to 1 part B ratio. Use two measured containers to get accurate amounts of each epoxy part(2:1 ratio). Pour the container of A and the container of B into the supplied 6 gallon bucket and mix thoroughly for 3-4 minutes. Do not mix all the epoxy at once, this is not like store bought epoxy paints that have a pot life of up to 8 hours. Armor Chip is pure Military Spec epoxy and has a pot life of about 45 minutes. We recommend doing your floor in 3-4 batches per kit, this will allow you to apply the epoxy and chips without rushing and still have plenty of work time left over as a safety margin. Apply a bead of the mixed base color coat from the container in a left to right direction directly to the floor do not use a roller pan. Spread evenly over a 4-5 ft wide strip(you can do much larger sections if purchasing the optional spiked soles) with supplied notched squeegee. Then roller over to smoothen. Armor Chip Epoxy will automatically be at the proper thickness.
4. While the epoxy is wet, apply the supplied color chips by simply tossing them slightly up into the air and at a 45 degree angle away from you so that they freely rain down onto the epoxy in an even pattern. We give you plenty of chips do achieve the look your eye thinks is best. You can use as much of the chips as you want without worrying about running out. Avoid tossing too many chips at a time so that you don't wind up with piles of chips which will spoil the the look of your new floor. Tossing a little at a time is best, you can you use a Johny Apple Seed type spreader if you have one. Leave the last 6 inches of the epoxy without chips. You will overlap the epoxy from the next section onto this area and then apply the chips. All the sections will blend together to form a single monolithic seamless finished coating.
5. Once you have completed the first section repeat steps 3 & 4 until done. Note: After the first section you may do larger areas as you get comfortable working with the epoxy. You should be done painting and applying chips in about 2 hrs per kit. Note: for large areas use our spike shoe bottoms which allow walking on the wet epoxy. Use Xylene for any clean ups(available at Home Depot/Lowes).
6. Let epoxy & chips dry to the touch, usually in approximately 5-6 hrs, you can let the peoxy cure overnight also. Once dry to the touch sweep the floor good with a stiff shop broom or shovel with plastic edge to remove any loose chips or any chips that are sticking straight up. Then apply half of the clear topcoat to seal in the chips and magnify the beautiful high gloss finish. The chips themselves give the floor some texture but if you desire to use the non skid additive supplied for added traction, mix it right into the second final clear coat. Allow first coat to dry to the touch before applying second coat. Clear coat dries to a touch/walk on, in about 2 hrs(you can move all your stuff back in at that point). Let cure for 36-72 hrs before driving on it. That's it!"
Garage Epoxy Flooring Kit| Epoxy Floors
For 600sq ft it cost me 801 shipped with the roller, and the spiked shoes so you can walk on it to apply the flakes.
I assume a full Saturday of work.
I will be doing it this Saturday if it shows up.