Yet Another Gun Thread - Page 7 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #121
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wellford, SC
Posts: 1,704
Total Cats: 1
Default



Haha! Mag wobble depends on the mag in it... I do shoot at targets just not for grouping. I use my Lewis Machine & Tool AR15 and Spanish CETME for grouping. I'm planning to build an AK74 Krinkov from a flat sometime... Just need to find the time.
thagr81 us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #122
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thagr81 us View Post

Haha! Mag wobble depends on the mag in it... I do shoot at targets just not for grouping. I use my Lewis Machine & Tool AR15 and Spanish CETME for grouping. I'm planning to build an AK74 Krinkov from a flat sometime... Just need to find the time.
I wouldn't build a krink unless I was dead set on 5.45x39.5, I'd just buy one of those Draco pistols that are popping up everywhere now. It's the closest thing you can get to a REAL AK variant because, at least for now, it gets around the 922R roolz that the gayTF has imposed.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:15 PM   #123
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wellford, SC
Posts: 1,704
Total Cats: 1
Default



The ammo doesn\'t bother me too much. The AK pistols are okay and can have a stock added with some fabrication to add the stock tang to build an SBR. That was what we did with the SBR full auto AK in one of the videos I posted earlier. It kicked like a mule, but I loved it. We actually named it Warhammer due to the insane volume of the thing when being fired (even when the non-shooters were indoors).

Last edited by thagr81 us; 07-28-2011 at 09:21 PM.
thagr81 us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:58 AM   #124
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
I wouldn't build a krink unless I was dead set on 5.45x39.5, I'd just buy one of those Draco pistols that are popping up everywhere now. It's the closest thing you can get to a REAL AK variant because, at least for now, it gets around the 922R roolz that the gayTF has imposed.
aaaaaaaaaand, they're a lot cheaper than the IOI (?) AK pistol. Think the IOI is like $600, have seen the dracos for $399 and less at gunshows.

Plus, pay your $200.00 stamp and SBR the bitch!

Already posted, but this gun is a beyoooootiful bangah:



Going to build one very soon. Personally I wouldn't waste the effort on the folding stock. . .
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:09 AM   #125
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Here's a question:

Anybody carry at 6 O'Clock? If so how do you carry? Palm in or out? I've tried palm out (Take left side strong and slide it around to 6 o'clock) which seemed in theory to be an effective carry but I can't get used to it. Palm in doesn't feel natural in any way... My typical carry is 2:30 but is uncomfortable to sit in a car (seat belt) so I'm exploring other options.
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:12 AM   #126
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -28
Default

The Dracos being imported are pretty much identical to the original Dracos prominently featured in the Romanian Revolution:





pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:15 AM   #127
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Here's a question:

Anybody carry at 6 O'Clock? If so how do you carry? Palm in or out? I've tried palm out (Take left side strong and slide it around to 6 o'clock) which seemed in theory to be an effective carry but I can't get used to it. Palm in doesn't feel natural in any way... My typical carry is 2:30 but is uncomfortable to sit in a car (seat belt) so I'm exploring other options.
I carry my P220 at 4:30 but I used to carry my Five-Seven at 6:00 but I'm a boss and that's just how I do. Try 4:30, it works very well (you can sit in a car, etc.).
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:25 AM   #128
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,976
Total Cats: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post

I hate this thread. That pic might just cost me money...


How many of you guys have shot one in pistol configuration? I've never shot one but have always liked the idea.

Edit:

I've been thinking of selling the V8 Miata and buying a fully automatic something.

Haven't been able to make up my mind on what to get or where to get it. Anything really jump out at you guys in the $6,000 range? I know that isn't much to spend on something like that but it would be around my limit. I'm thinking of it somewhat as an investment with a future sale a few decades down the road. It is pretty damn easy just to stick my money in the S&P and sell it at will. A firearm investment is something completely foreign to me.
rmcelwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:51 AM   #129
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wellford, SC
Posts: 1,704
Total Cats: 1
Default



Cheapest way to get into full auto is going with a MAC-10. Think you can get a transferable one for around 3-4K. From there, the sky is the limit unfortunately.
thagr81 us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:47 AM   #130
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
GeneSplicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,962
Total Cats: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
I carry my P220 at 4:30 but I used to carry my Five-Seven at 6:00 but I'm a boss and that's just how I do. Try 4:30, it works very well (you can sit in a car, etc.).
Still got it? If you do, keep it. I wouldn't be suprised if 'they' try to grab it some time since the SS195LF, SS196SR, and SS197SR all defeat lvl3 armor. Wish I had one to compliment my SBR PS90 - aka my Zombie Horde Apocalypse weapon... sitting on 3.2K rounds now.

Have you seen this 5.7 round? VBR-B 5.7 B2F 40


Last edited by GeneSplicer; 07-29-2011 at 11:58 AM.
GeneSplicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #131
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wellford, SC
Posts: 1,704
Total Cats: 1
Default

This is essentially what I want to build for the Krinkov. The one pictured is a Yugo. I would want to build either a Yugo or Russian parts kit one with a milled receiver; granted the stamped receiver would make 'additional modifications' much easier though... Also the suppressor on the pictured one is fake, I would be running a real one.

thagr81 us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #132
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,490
Total Cats: 373
Default

Why a milled receiver? Stamped receivers are plenty strong, are lighter, and are compatible with more parts.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #133
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wellford, SC
Posts: 1,704
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
Why a milled receiver? Stamped receivers are plenty strong, are lighter, and are compatible with more parts.
The milled would be only if I went with the Russian parts kit. Basically to make it look official. Sometimes it is all about the details... Doubt I would go this route as I have a bending jig and everything else needed to build a stamped flat.
thagr81 us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #134
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,490
Total Cats: 373
Default

Gotcha. I don't have a Krink but I love my AK I converted from a Russian Saiga rifle.

mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #135
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wellford, SC
Posts: 1,704
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
Gotcha. I don't have a Krink but I love my AK I converted from a Russian Saiga rifle.

I'm actually debating on buying a Saiga-12 and converting it to a SBS... Had a buddy do it, but is still waiting for the paperwork to clear prior to construction of it. Shooting it will let me know for sure.
thagr81 us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #136
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
GeneSplicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,962
Total Cats: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thagr81 us View Post
I'm actually debating on buying a Saiga-12 and converting it to a SBS... Had a buddy do it, but is still waiting for the paperwork to clear prior to construction of it. Shooting it will let me know for sure.
Yeah, we ALL know that happens
However, the saiga-12 with those massive mags would be a blast to shoot, pics when approved!
GeneSplicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #137
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wellford, SC
Posts: 1,704
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneSplicer View Post
Yeah, we ALL know that happens
However, the saiga-12 with those massive mags would be a blast to shoot, pics when approved!
Haha! I wish that were the case... The guy who is doing this one for him won't construct the SBS until he can show him the tax stamp. :( We will one-up pics and post a video to share.
thagr81 us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #138
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,976
Total Cats: 14
Default

Just got back from the range. Shot my 10/22, Walther P22, and a few golf ***** from the grenade launcher. Friend brought his new AR15, target .17, a glock .40 (model 23), and a few other things. ******** at the free outdoor Federal range complained about my metal target (below), my golf ball launcher, and just about everthing else I did. I ******* hate going to that range but that is where the friend wanted to go.

The guy brought his Air Force son in law who said he had a fully auto weapon that he would bring next time. I have no idea what it was. He rattled off some numbers and letters quickly but I have no idea. CM 523? <G> I think he said he paid around $4500 for it.


rmcelwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #139
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wellford, SC
Posts: 1,704
Total Cats: 1
Default



That is the reason I never go to the range. Other people bitch and moan about everything. I took my Spanish CETME awhile back and set up down in the far left lane. The people down on the far right came up bitching about being hit with 7.62NATO brass. Just told them I would be done in a little while... 30 minutes later I wrap up for the day. I left feeling great that I pissed off a bunch of hicks. They ended up complaining around 4 times... Pussies.
thagr81 us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #140
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneSplicer View Post
Still got it? If you do, keep it. I wouldn't be suprised if 'they' try to grab it some time since the SS195LF, SS196SR, and SS197SR all defeat lvl3 armor. Wish I had one to compliment my SBR PS90 - aka my Zombie Horde Apocalypse weapon... sitting on 3.2K rounds now.

Have you seen this 5.7 round? VBR-B 5.7 B2F 40

5.7x28mm is a large pile of ****. The round is seriously AIDS; if it wasn't for having a huge amount of dat good **** (can't remember the name, but the brown box ammo that was banned in 2005), I would have sold the pistol a while ago.

Maybe I'm just bitter because my old man bought an IOM back when they debuted but he sold it to his friend so now I'm stuck with a gay-*** USG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcelwee View Post
******** at the free outdoor Federal range complained about my metal target (below), my golf ball launcher, and just about everthing else I did. I ******* hate going to that range but that is where the friend wanted to go.
I don't go to ranges because I always get fed up with dealing with the stupid people that hang out at them. I know firearm safety, I've been shooting for 20 years without an accident. I don't need to put my rifle away because you want to walk out and adjust your Osama target at 10 yards.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
My solution for Oiltemp and Oilpressure input into Megasuirt (MS3) Zaphod MEGAsquirt 41 01-24-2016 01:25 PM
Going back to stock. Need some 1.6 parts. Trent WTB 2 10-01-2015 01:15 PM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM


Tags
trump 2016

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 PM.