The Officially Unofficial MT.net Miatas @ MRLS Meetup Thread - Page 34 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Local Meets, Events and Tech Days Track Day? Autox? Tech Day? Beer Run? Dave and Busters?

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2016, 01:56 PM   #661
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 8,764
Total Cats: 750
Default

Aww floop, looks like I got D Sat & C Sun. I forgot that filled up.

All ya'll who are driving to the event be careful out there, I want to see everyone make it to the track (and make it home for that matter!)
EO2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:09 PM   #662
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington View Post
substantial rain



kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #663
Junior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Cxracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Posts: 252
Total Cats: 2
Default

What's with the "still with aids?" comment? Are you referring to last year when I had no controls other than a rising rate fuel regulator and a weak *** waste gate spring or have you been peeking in my medical reports?


Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofan View Post
Parking IN THE PADDOCK AT MRLS:

1. Codrus -- A Sat & Sun - Green turbo NB with alloftheboosts
2. Aidan -- C Sat only - Reddish, fadey, sort of one colored turbo NA with ghey wheels
3. Ed -- C Sat & Sun - Turbo 10 AE, bitches
4. OneTwo -- C Sat - Blue N/A NA Don't be fooled, he be fast
5. afm -- C Sun only, Red n/a NA
6. EO2k -- C Sat & Sun - Turbo several shades of metallic orange NB WITH EFR GLORY
7. Gesso -- D Sat; C Sun - White turbo exocet with catfish body. The car has a catfish body too.
8. Cxracer -- Andy D Sat; C Sun - Turbo Silver NA still with aids?
9. sonofthehill (not driving)
10.Twibs415 -- A Sat & Sun - White-ish aero-y N/A NA
11. 2slow -- ?
12. MiataMan00 -- D Sat only, silver NB2 with an EFR, GET OUT DA WAY!
13. 1999NB -- A Sat only
14. jsmusmc00 -- D Sat & Sun Turbo Black NA
15. petrolmed -- not driving
Cxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:10 PM   #664
SadFab Sales Lady
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 14,852
Total Cats: 937
Default

It was based on your behavior at the after party last year
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:41 PM   #665
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: OC
Posts: 69
Total Cats: -5
Default

My weekend plans are foiled due to some family items. I'll come down with the fam Saturday midday, but have to forfeit my "A" spot for the track day on Saturday. A is sold out, but it can be transferred to C or D as well, since they have room for new drivers. I'll make a FS ad, but wanted to offer to spot at a discount to anyone who desired an A slot that couldn't get one, or is interested in a discounted C or D slot. PM me if interested! See y'all later Saturday regardless.
1999NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:59 PM   #666
Junior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Cxracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Posts: 252
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidandj View Post
It was based on your behavior at the after party last year
Umm, I have a feeling you are confusing me with someone else....
I only made it out on Sunday last year and I'm pretty sure I missed any after party.
Cxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:37 PM   #667
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 152
Total Cats: 0
Default

Just to update the list - yea, I'm hot lapping... Probably not as fast as most of you guys, but I'll be there both days in D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofan View Post
Parking IN THE PADDOCK AT MRLS:

1. Codrus -- A Sat & Sun - Green turbo NB with alloftheboosts
2. Aidan -- C Sat only - Reddish, fadey, sort of one colored turbo NA with ghey wheels
3. Ed -- C Sat & Sun - Turbo 10 AE, bitches
4. OneTwo -- C Sat - Blue N/A NA Don't be fooled, he be fast
5. afm -- C Sun only, Red n/a NA
6. EO2k -- C Sat & Sun - Turbo several shades of metallic orange NB WITH EFR GLORY
7. Gesso -- D Sat; C Sun - White turbo exocet with catfish body. The car has a catfish body too.
8. Cxracer -- ? - Turbo Silver NA still with aids?
9. sonofthehill (not driving)
10.Twibs415 -- A Sat & Sun - White-ish aero-y N/A NA
11. 2slow -- D - Saturday and Sunday
12. MiataMan00 -- D Sat only, silver NB2 with an EFR, GET OUT DA WAY!
13. 1999NB -- A Sat only
14. jsmusmc00 -- D Sat & Sun Turbo Black NA
15. petrolmed -- not driving
2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:01 PM   #668
I take big bites
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,000
Total Cats: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cxracer View Post
Umm, I have a feeling you are confusing me with someone else....
I only made it out on Sunday last year and I'm pretty sure I missed any after party.
It doesn't sound like you're laughing. We're just goofing around man. Yes the aids is referring to your prior fuel and spark management, commonly referred to as aids around the site. If you actually have AIDS, I was unaware of that -- it would certainly make this a tasteless joke and me, unwittingly, a major douchebag.

Is there anything happening Friday morning for breakfast/brunch in the Monterey area? Turns out we are going to make it all the way to MRLS tonight, so we will be around in the morning (we being my dad and I).
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:15 AM   #669
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 640
Total Cats: 102
Default

He's on MS(3?) now

I don't think I'll be heading down until tomorrow afternoon or maybe Saturday morning. A friend who's signed up for E is waiting on delivery (suppose to come tomorrow) of his rollbar from harddog. So I might be installing a roll bar tomorrow night instead of BBQ.
gesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:33 AM   #670
Elite Member
 
codrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 2,963
Total Cats: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesso View Post
He's on MS(3?) now

I don't think I'll be heading down until tomorrow afternoon or maybe Saturday morning. A friend who's signed up for E is waiting on delivery (suppose to come tomorrow) of his rollbar from harddog. So I might be installing a roll bar tomorrow night instead of BBQ.
Where's the challenge in that? You should be installing it in the hotel parking lot!

--Ian
codrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:52 AM   #671
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 8,764
Total Cats: 750
Default

I believe I asked about breakfast like 4 pages back I'm tied up tomorrow AM, I've got a shitload of stuff to do before I head over in the afternoon.
EO2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:02 AM   #672
Junior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Cxracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Posts: 252
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofan View Post
It doesn't sound like you're laughing. We're just goofing around man. Yes the aids is referring to your prior fuel and spark management, commonly referred to as aids around the site. If you actually have AIDS, I was unaware of that -- it would certainly make this a tasteless joke and me, unwittingly, a major douchebag.

Is there anything happening Friday morning for breakfast/brunch in the Monterey area? Turns out we are going to make it all the way to MRLS tonight, so we will be around in the morning (we being my dad and I).
I figured. No offense taken but lost the thread on that one. It was getting pretty late here in the Netherlands as I wanted to force myself to stay up so I could sleep on the plane ride back to SFO. No, I don't have AIDS even though yes, I'm currently in Amsterdam. And the car now has a MS2e installed so I guess it doesn't have aids (or does that mean it has super aids?)

No breakfast on Friday for me as I'll still be in the air thinking about all the stuff I need to do to the car as soon as I get home.
Cxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:35 AM   #673
I take big bites
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,000
Total Cats: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EO2K View Post
I believe I asked about breakfast like 4 pages back I'm tied up tomorrow AM, I've got a shitload of stuff to do before I head over in the afternoon.
Yes yes I know you did. but at that point we didn't expect to already be in the area Friday morning.

See some of you goofs at the BBQ tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cxracer View Post
I figured. No offense taken but lost the thread on that one. It was getting pretty late here in the Netherlands as I wanted to force myself to stay up so I could sleep on the plane ride back to SFO. No, I don't have AIDS even though yes, I'm currently in Amsterdam. And the car now has a MS2e installed so I guess it doesn't have aids (or does that mean it has super aids?)

No breakfast on Friday for me as I'll still be in the air thinking about all the stuff I need to do to the car as soon as I get home.
Travel safe, aidsless sir.
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:19 PM   #674
I take big bites
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,000
Total Cats: 409
Default Paddock parking!

Just a heads up for those parking in the paddock:

We can't actually set up in the paddock til after 6 PM tonight. There's a spot to the left of the paddock entrance where we can drop trailers but can't actually move into the paddock til after 6.
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:38 PM   #675
Elite Member
 
codrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 2,963
Total Cats: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofan View Post
Just a heads up for those parking in the paddock:

We can't actually set up in the paddock til after 6 PM tonight. There's a spot to the left of the paddock entrance where we can drop trailers but can't actually move into the paddock til after 6.
Argh. Well, I guess I'll just have to try to find room for it at the hotel for a while then.

--Ian
codrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:22 PM   #676
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 348
Total Cats: 8
Default

Ian, what time are you going to be at the hotel?
MiataMan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:26 PM   #677
Senior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 617
Total Cats: 52
Default

I won't be making it there today. But I'll be in all day Sat and camping that night.
petrolmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:53 PM   #678
I take big bites
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,000
Total Cats: 409
Default

As it turns out, they are letting us into the paddock now. Not sure where to park though, they haven't made any rows or anything. I'll post a pic of my rig and we can all park in that area? I have kitty tape I'll put up later.
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:11 PM   #679
SOMEOFIT
iTrader: (1)
 
Girz0r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,514
Total Cats: 219
Default

I demand alltehphotos of you bros and miatas.
Girz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:27 PM   #680
I take big bites
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,000
Total Cats: 409
Default

Park next to meeee!

I'll be going back to the paddock tonight to put up some kitty tape and get the truck (the truck is my bed). I'll be there probably just after 7 or so.



turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
elesjuan's mediocre 95 Miata adventure (google fiber edition) elesjuan Build Threads 8 02-16-2016 09:36 PM
starting issue Johnny Tater Engine Performance 3 09-23-2015 07:10 PM
1997 Miata Misty_Miata pineda92 Meet and Greet 4 09-20-2015 10:22 PM
FS Miatas at MRLS spot PatCleary Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 0 09-15-2015 02:25 PM
Project DDoS: '99 "Budget" boost build ProjectDDoS Build Threads 1 09-09-2015 02:52 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 AM.