I've been lurking this place since beginning of the year. Picked up a 96 Montego Blue at the beginning of January. Bought it at an auction, and obviously it turned out to be a bag of problems
. Looks like the PO overheated it and blown the head gasket. Not wanting to **** around with it, I just bought a used engine (off ebay, none the less...) and swapped it. Figured can always use a spare engine... like, build it up a bit maybe
Passed MD inspection a couple of months ago. Front shock turned out to be leaking oil, so I bought Koni Sports and will get Ground Control perches and springs later on. Dunno about the rates at this point.
TL;DR things I've done so far:
- Installed another engine & tranny. JDM, had a sticker and everything!
- Competition mounts
- SS clutch line
- Stripped the carpet, washed and painted it. Installed Reflectix.
- Koni Sports (just the fronts right now, waiting on 1 rear shock to be delivered
- Bought 550cc injectors and 90% finished Megasquirt
- Springs, GC perches, bump stops, NB shock mounts
- Wheels. Probably 15x9 6ul's, but maybe 15x8. Probably not, however
- Corrado brake upgrade, pads and SS brake lines.
- Roll bar.
- Fix all the broken ****!
Pics. Nevermind that they are all different size. Too lazy to resize.
...and now the kicker. I didn't want to make an intro post until the car is all fixed up and looking pretty. But my exhaust fell off and I need to ***** myself to 10 posts
Say, anyone has a 96-97 exhaust lying around?