I've been a long time lurker on here and thought it was about time I said hello. My names Pete. I've got an '04 1.8 Euphonic which I bought a couple of months back with just 17k on the clock. It's currently more or less bone stock. But that will change fairly soon.
This is my second miata, the first one was an '03 1.6 poverty spec car which I bought back in '08. Unfortunately last christmas eve I had a big accident on one of our motorways on black ice and the car was written off by the insurance company.
At that point it was running a base BEGI S kit on a GT2554 with a few extras including FMIC, forge dump valve, 440 injectors and an adaptronic 420c running in standalone mode along with a goodwin roadstersport 2.5" backbox, decatted with a custom mid-pipe. I had boost, oil temp and an LC1 WB gauge mounted in the centre console. I picked up a AET (I think, they couldn't tell me what it was, but said it was good up to 250 fwhp, I never got it to slip) clutch from a shops close down sale which was also fitted. Unfortunately I never got round to dynoing it so never had a clear idea of what it was making but it was running 13 psi at the end. I had an mbc to control that. The car was a massive amount of fun, particularly as it looked pretty stock from the outside so was a bit of a sleeper.
It also had gaz gold pro suspension fitted and was lowered, but only in a way to improve handling. I've never been a fan of slamming something just for looks.
I had been tuning the engine for a number of months before the accident and was at the point were I was working out the last few small niggles in the tune. The adaptronic forum on here was a major help with a lot of the info I needed right there. Ironically I had planned to get the traction control working with the adaptronic before the accident.
I'm now back to the beginning again
ready to do it all over again! But this time I've a bit more experience behind me so hopefully wont make some of the mistakes I made first time round.
Plan is to re-fit the adaptronic first but this time it will be a parallel install using a boomslang from adaptronic which I need to buy soon while I can still get one owing to the new 440 being out.
This time I'll use the VE tuning method rather than ms as I did before. This way once the car is tuned I can fit the turbo and everything else and hopefully just change the injector size in the settings and let it rapid learn again (though they'll be other stuff that will need adjusting I'm sure).
Hopefully the car will end up at around the 220/230 fwhp point as I figure this is a good trade off between power and driveability and fits how I want to use the car.
Anyway some pictures. All very boring as the car is nearly stock still