My name is Cory and I am the new owner of a 2001 Miata in silver with a Flyin Miata turbo kit. I just picked it up this weekend and I love it.
Its fairly modified already with:
AVO turbo kit with Link piggyback system
Greddy blow off valve
Red leather seats, carpet and shift boot
Chrome roll bar
Im really loving this new car !
Its giving me lots of projects too, lots of little things to fix, and work on !
On the drive home, over 60 mph the car would overheat, but in lower speeds it never ran hot. After checking to make sure the fans came on (they did)
I checked hoses (they looked ok) and then popped the radiator cap. The fluid was BRIGHT green, it seemed as if the previous owner had put in 100% antifreeze in the system not mixing in any water.
So, after draiing out half the coolant and putting in water, it ran smoothly and never ran hot again !
work ive done so far
- removed the greddy profec b that was installed, but not connnected to wastegate
- cleaned up some of the wiring/relays that were loose in the engine bay
- reinstalled the clutch reservoir that wasnt secured to the frame (tight fit due to intercooler piping)
- removed cheesy headlight covers and polished headlights to remove hazing
- removed loose air intake system, cleaned filter and tightened it back on
- changed oil with mobil 1 high mileage oil
new floor mats
new Garage Vary front lip
replacement interior OEM plastic pieces
Plans for future
- make new air itnake that actually uses the air temp sensor (currently hanging off the side)
- repair slight crack in turbo manifold and possibly get the downpipe and manifold ceramic coated
- fix minor exhaust leaks
- possibly put on coilovers
- get wheels powdercoated gray isntead of white
- fix misc electric problems like headlight connector thats burnt
- replace narrowband air/fuel gauge with real wideband
- replace boost gauge with new backlit boost gauge
- replace red leather seats with black oem cloth seats
- tighten down vacuum lines, replace worm gear clamps with t bolt clamps
- replace coolant hoses