Hi. My first post. Lurking for about a year.
My name is Arild and live in Oslo, Norway.
I have been tuning and tracking MX5's since 2003 and currently own a 2004 MSM and a 1995 NA for dd. I previously owned a ultra rare 323 GT-R, another 95 NA with HKS turbokit, and a Honda NSX.
The MSM has some mods:
- Fully built engine ( FM Wiseco, M-tuned rods, BE oil pump, ATI damper),
- ETD manifold w/Tial WG and GT3071R
- custom 3" v-band DP and exhaust
- FM IC and silicon piping, Alu rad, M-tuned coolant reroute (with 94+ gasket)
- Hydra EMS and RC550's
- Poly bushings, AFCO, RB 1.25" Sway
- 6UL rev 2 with 225 R888
- HardDog Hard Core, Sparco seat, harness, dashlogger
- JDM/Euro IM,
- Lots of other stuff but no cage or cleaned interior.
I'm aiming for +400 whp with or without E85 with 1000cc injectors but needs to be reliable enough for a trip down to the Nürburgring (and back).
Before I built the engine this winter I ran the 3071 on stock internals boosting as high as 17 psi on the last track day. Rods survived and all.
I try to update my blog at www.mazdaspeedy.com
with all modifications and random car related internet crap. Mostly for reference.
If you ignore all the noob bashing and gay stuff going on in this forum there is about 30 (?) % of very good information. I especially value the work and feedback from the v-banding, stud stretching, +300 whp guys who track they cars hard in the Miata challenge or similar. You guys are really pushing the envelope.
I have a turbo miata.
I want 15 posts so I can PM guys that sells stuff I need for making my car awesome.
Me on the "local" track before getting flagged for flames coming out the open WG: